E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Just got this email from Dinan about the 535

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008 | 04:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Now Available for the (E60) 535i !

Stage 2 Performance Engine Software
Dinan is pleased to offer the same stunning increase in performance for the 535 as that achieved for the 335i. And as always, Dinan matches the new car warranty coverage for up to 4 years or 50,000 miles, including the possibility of consequential damages. No one offers better performance or backs it up with such comprehensive warranty coverage. Dinan's 535 Performance Software is 50 State Emissions Legal under California Air Resources Board Executive Order Number D-176-35. It?s legal, makes lots of power and as it has been for over a decade, Dinan covers any consequential damages. More power and peace of mind?exactly what you?re customers have come to expect from Dinan!

The Dinan Performance Engine Software safely increases turbo-boost pressure from the stock 8.8 to 13.0 psi, along with properly retuned fuel mixtures, ignition timing and full map rescaling. In fact, over 2000 engine management functions have been recalibrated, offering substantial increases in power output while maintaining the civility and reliability expected of a Dinan performance product. The results of Dinan?s tuning are nothing short of breathtaking, with the added boost and related recalibration producing maximum output of 384 horsepower at 5700 rpm and 421 lb-ft torque at 4300 rpm!
Stage 1 Performance Engine Software
Dinan's Stage 1 Performance Engine Software for 535 models provides a more modest increase in boost also offering substantial power gains. The Stage 1 Dinan Performance Engine Software safely increases turbo-boost pressure, along with properly retuned fuel mixtures, ignition timing and full map rescaling. The top speed governor is removed, enabling the 535 to achieve its full potential.
Dinan's 535 Software is 50 State Emissions Legal under California Air Resources Board Executive Order Number D-176-35.
Peak Horsepower: 366 at 5700 rpm
Peak Torque: 379 lb-ft torque at 4300 rpm

Free Flow Exhaust
Dinan's Free Flow Exhaust for 535i models provides improved flow over the stock system without the excessive noise and ''boominess'' associated with typical after-market mufflers. At the same time the system offers a sportier exhaust note that is sure to please the 535i driving enthusiast. The system is manufactured using 100% 20 gauge-304 stainless steel for optimum resistance to corrosion and reduced weight. Internally, the systems feature Dinan's Tuned Resonance Chamber Technology, providing the optimum balance between maximum power gains and a civilized, yet sporty exhaust note. Dual 3-inch diameter polished stainless tips give the cars a tasteful performance look as well.

Stage 1 Suspension System
For those who define performance driving as much more than faster acceleration alone, Dinan now offers a complete suspension system for the 535 Sedan that will exceed even the most aggressive driver's expectations. The Stage 1 Suspension System represents the foundation for high performance handling, comprised of carefully matched performance springs and Koni rebound adjustable struts and shocks, the system reduces the pitch and roll associated with the stock suspension, providing increased grip for faster and more predictable cornering capabilities. The shock valving and droop-limits have been custom tuned for superior handling, without sacrificing a well dampened, comfortable ride. Rebound dampening characteristics are user adjustable, providing the driver with the ability to fine tune for varying conditions, driving style and comfort. The modestly lower ride height gives the 535 an even more aggressive stance, as well as improving suspension geometry for tight and predictable handling. And for further reduction of understeer and razor sharp turn-in, add the Dinan Camber Plates up front, providing dramatically improved grip in the turns.

Front Camber Plates
While the 5 Series models are now provided from the factory with a range of camber adjustment, the Dinan camber plates shift the range of the adjuster by ? degree, providing for a more aggressive negative camber setting that dramatically improves grip in the turns. There?s really no reason to install an adjustable type camber plate as adjustment is already provided by BMW and then enhanced by Dinan. The Dinan camber plates retain the factory bushings, eliminating negative effects on ride quality or the introduction of annoying noises that are common with adjustable camber plates.

19? Lightweight Wheels
Dinan's lightweight 19'' spread-forged wheels are now available for the 535, offering a host of performance features along with an elegant design that adds an even more aggressive flavor to the cars. Developed specifically for the E60 5 Series, Dinan's 19'' forged wheels are the lightest available and allow you to fit the largest tires possible for maximum grip and reduction of understeer. And, of course, the look is nothing short of stunning with the large tires and wheels filling up the 5's fender wells. The front wheels measure 9'' wide and the rears 10?, accommodating 245/35-19 tires in front and 275/30-19s in the rear. In addition to the improved grip provided by the extra rubber, the wheels substantially reduce unsprung weight with the 19 x 9'' wheels weighing in at a mere 19.75 lbs., compared to the stock 18 x 8'' wheel at 31.5 lbs. The reduction in weight improves not only acceleration, braking and handling but ride quality as well.

Dinan by Brembo Brake Conversions
The Dinan by Brembo front only or front & rear brake conversions offer the ultimate in stopping power for the most demanding driving enthusiast. Extensive testing on the street and at the track has enabled us to develop custom systems that have been tuned for optimum performance while avoiding the foibles of typical ''big brake kits'', such as unbalanced proportioning, poor pedal feel and unacceptable noise levels, just to name a few. The brake calipers are available in either red or black, giving you the choice of a stealth or competition look. Slotted or drilled rotors are available.

The Dinan/Brembo Brake Conversion Features:
Front Rotors: 380mm Slotted or Drilled with Aluminum Hats (Stock 535 Rotors Measure 348mm)
Rear Rotors: 345mm Slotted or Drilled with Aluminum Hats (Stock 335 Rotors Measure 345mm)
Front Calipers: 6-Piston Aluminum (Available in Black or Red)
Rear Calipers: 4-Piston Aluminum (Available in Black or Red)
Goodridge DOT/TUV Approved Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Mounting Brackets and Assembly Hardware
Dinan-spec Ferodo Brake Pads with Sensor Provision

In most cases, the large rotors and calipers will require the use of aftermarket wheels for adequate brake clearance. Dinan's lightweight performance wheels are recommended, providing proper clearance and the ability to fit the largest tires possible for optimum performance.

Carbon Fiber Rear Shock Tower Brace
Tubular carbon fiber rear shock tower brace, featuring forged aluminum ends. Enhances rigidity at the shock towers for improved handling capabilities and sharper steering response. The matching front Strut Tower Brace will be available soon!

As always, you are encouraged to contact your Dinan Performance Representative for more information.
Old 09-21-2008 | 12:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535Xi

that's awesome news, i hope they come out with a CAI which would compliment the ecu flash
Old 10-07-2008 | 11:20 AM
Members

This camber plate stuff is pretty interesting. I had read that any drop more agressive than what H&R Sport springs provide ( about 1.25" drop) would require adjustable camber plates for the front to get back in spec. According to this, adjustable plates are not needed because they have enough camber adjustment built in. I wonder how much adjustment they have built in...I am looking to do a 2" drop but don't want to burn tires with too much negative camber...hmmm

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='673610' date='Sep 19 2008, 08:19 PM
Front Camber Plates
While the 5 Series models are now provided from the factory with a range of camber adjustment, the Dinan camber plates shift the range of the adjuster by ? degree, providing for a more aggressive negative camber setting that dramatically improves grip in the turns. There’s really no reason to install an adjustable type camber plate as adjustment is already provided by BMW and then enhanced by Dinan. The Dinan camber plates retain the factory bushings, eliminating negative effects on ride quality or the introduction of annoying noises that are common with adjustable camber plates.