E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

JB3 v1.1 on 535i Manual...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to share my experience with Terry @ Burgermotorsports...

So, I first considered going with the JB2, but end up going for the JB3 so no need to upgrade for now... I email Terry about some questions, and I get immediate replies. That was a very good first impression on his part

I wanted him to do the install himself so I know everything is done perfectly. So, I actually get the pleasure of Terry himself installing the JB3 for me (of course for a small cost). I felt a lot more confident having him install it for me so I could rest assured everything would be done right the first time. He is a very knowledgeable guy, very helpful, and answered any questions I had.

So, the install just takes about 15 minutes, I turn on my car, everything is exactly the same as before the install. I get into the street and do a few 0-50 runs, WOT, and W-O-W. Feels insane. Of course the car retains its smoothness, idle, everything is exactly like stock EXCEPT the power.

In 1st gear, with DTS off, pretty much throughout the whole powerband (WOT) I am breaking traction! Then the shift from 1st to 2nd, I get a very nice chirp, then again on 2nd gear, feels insane, 3rd gear, etc.. I realize I was going way too fast so I had to slow down. No limp codes, and CEL lights whatsoever...

Conclusion: Terry, you made one helluva great product, with a more than fair price, and awesome customer service to back it up. Keep up the good work.

My 535 felt really nice before this upgrade, but now it is a beast.

BTW: My previous car was a 06 EVO IX midly modded to 320AWHP, and before that a 05 IS300 custom built turbo with around 340WHP. I will be dynoing my car soon and have some numbers up hopefully in the next week or so.

This car is awesome, and Terry just made it a beast.

- Boosted4Door
Old 10-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Enjoy your new tune! I look forward in driving my car everytime! Be safe.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by jcool10181' post='692179' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:55 PM
Enjoy your new tune! I look forward in driving my car everytime! Be safe.
+1, and thanx for the review
Old 10-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Boosted4Door' post='692163' date='Oct 13 2008, 06:32 PM
Just wanted to share my experience with Terry @ Burgermotorsports...

So, I first considered going with the JB2, but end up going for the JB3 so no need to upgrade for now... I email Terry about some questions, and I get immediate replies. That was a very good first impression on his part

I wanted him to do the install himself so I know everything is done perfectly. So, I actually get the pleasure of Terry himself installing the JB3 for me (of course for a small cost). I felt a lot more confident having him install it for me so I could rest assured everything would be done right the first time. He is a very knowledgeable guy, very helpful, and answered any questions I had.

So, the install just takes about 15 minutes, I turn on my car, everything is exactly the same as before the install. I get into the street and do a few 0-50 runs, WOT, and W-O-W. Feels insane. Of course the car retains its smoothness, idle, everything is exactly like stock EXCEPT the power.

In 1st gear, with DTS off, pretty much throughout the whole powerband (WOT) I am breaking traction! Then the shift from 1st to 2nd, I get a very nice chirp, then again on 2nd gear, feels insane, 3rd gear, etc.. I realize I was going way too fast so I had to slow down. No limp codes, and CEL lights whatsoever...

Conclusion: Terry, you made one helluva great product, with a more than fair price, and awesome customer service to back it up. Keep up the good work.

My 535 felt really nice before this upgrade, but now it is a beast.

BTW: My previous car was a 06 EVO IX midly modded to 320AWHP, and before that a 05 IS300 custom built turbo with around 340WHP. I will be dynoing my car soon and have some numbers up hopefully in the next week or so.

This car is awesome, and Terry just made it a beast.

- Boosted4Door
DO A BLOW OFF VALVE... it will make it that much better....
Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Members

Nice write up.

Been running JB3 for a while now too and I love it also. The customer support over there is border line ridiculously too good... lol...I have sent him emails with questions at midnight+ eastern time and actually gotten responses directly from him that same night!! I actually installed the pin out version myself and I gotta say it's VERY easy to do. The performance increase is amazing.