E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ipodyourbmw.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

When I was in the states there were a lot of commercials for ipodyourbmw.com. This option is not (yet?) available for the e60 and in europe I cannot find anything about the ipodmusic option for any model of BMW.

Does anybody know why we cannot have the ipod option in europe? And is there anyway this is gonna be available for the E60?? As soon as it is available I will buy it because it looks so easy to use!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Contributors

I do not know why it is not available for the e60 but you can get a fm tuner that plugs in to the mp3 player. As long as you are not in a major city like me it works very well. I bought the cheap one by Belkin and it works pretty good. Comes with 4 different presets
Old 07-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Do you have an ipod mp3 player??? Or a different brand. I saw an offer at a local store for the philips mp3 players for 180 euro's (instead of 499). But didn't dare it because of the ipodyourbmw option in the US.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Contributors

I do not have and iPod but I know of friends who have an iPod and they have teh same tuner and it works great for them as well. I have a lyra player. It sounds great, was cheap and used the same media as my camera. If they come out with a great package with the E60 then i will probably switch
Old 07-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Members

There was a thread regarding this before. Unfortunately there is no news about being able to ipod the E60 as it is using the MOST interface and they have not figuired out how to do it. I would be happy for atleast an AUX input, but we'll have to wait and see if someone can figuire out how.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Members

I did read an interview somewhere in which some big wig at BMW said that the E60 would eventually get the iPod hookup.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Members

I talked to someone at BMW and they claimed that the ipod/bmw thing was basically rushed to market so they could be first. Now they're working on true iDrive / iPod integration. It will, apparently, definitely work for my2005 sometime in the future but it isn't clear if my2004 e60s will ever be able to talk to the iPod nicely.

Peace.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Members

I happened to be at my dealership in Indianapolis the day after the full page ad in USA Today. The service tech said that they would not be receiving the adaptor until September, which would then also work in the E60. He didn't seem to be making it up -- i.e., he was already aware of the lack of availability and the E60 issues.

In any event, if the CD player and/or changer software will actually be upgraded to read MP3 files, I suspect that will be a better option than using the iPod -- unless the iPod adaptor gadget actually gives you the same menu/screen functionality on the iDrive screen as on the iPod screen. If I cannot access playlists and folders as set up on my iPod, don't waste my time.