E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ipod nano + Aux input

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got the aux input installed and Ipod nano. My car was in service for windshield stress crack, aux input installation, new Dunlop RFTs.

The dealer left several minor and few deep scratches on my 124 wheels, when they replaced the Dunlop Run Flat Tires. What should I do?
Attached Thumbnails Ipod nano + Aux input-auxinput_ipodnano1.jpg   Ipod nano + Aux input-auxiput_ipodnano2.jpg  
Old 09-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Insist that they either repair the damage (can be easily done and completely undetectable) or replace the wheels.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

I plan to walk the service manager around my car while I snap photos of each wheel, pointing out to him their condition before I let them engage in any wheel work. Put the fear of god into him.

I hope your dealer is cooperative and trusts that the scratches wheren't already there.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 05' 545i Titanium Sliver, Black Dakota leather Sport Package, NAV, Premium Sound Package, AUX. input.

Are you replacing the tires under warranty?
How does the Ipod work?
Can you control with the iDrive?
I'm planing on adding the AUX port after they release software ver. 20

I had a stress cracked windshield replaced by a dealer.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

why after SW v20,? And i love the Ipod Nano just bought a black one for me and a silver for the wife they are small and work great
Old 09-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Members

My Dunlops were replaced under warranty due to excessive noise and pull to the right. There is no integration between IDrive and Ipod, so you can only control via Ipod. The connection is via the mini stereo plug.

Originally Posted by BMW 545i Titanium Silver' date='Sep 23 2005, 09:29 AM
Are you replacing the tires under warranty?
How does the Ipod work?
Can you control with the iDrive?
I'm planing on adding the AUX port after they release software ver. 20

I had a stress cracked windshield replaced by a dealer.
[snapback]174049[/snapback]
Old 09-23-2005, 08:44 AM
Members

I will ask the dealer to fix the scratches on my wheels. I did emphasize that I do not want to get any scratches on the wheels to service advisor before the tire replacement Somehow, I already knew it was going to happen anyway.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: Silver Gray Metallic 04 525 Sports/Premium Pkgs, iDrive/Nav, Comfort seats, B&B Exhaust, Leather, 6sp manual, Sun Screens, Split rear ski pkg, run flat

does the aux charge the ipod?

what connector cables are required to go from aux to ipod? do you know if there is an ipod dock connector (i read the sound was better somewhere)?
Old 09-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by reidnul' date='Sep 23 2005, 12:26 PM
does the aux charge the ipod?

what connector cables are required to go from aux to ipod? do you know if there is an ipod dock connector (i read the sound was better somewhere)?
[snapback]174144[/snapback]
Answers here--my iPod hardwire install:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12430
Old 09-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

I've had my AUX in for several months and never used it until today.

Bought myself a nano and 3.5mm stereo cable....and nothing!

I vaguely remember a few threads a while back talking about botched AUX in installs.

Have I missed anything obvious? Checked volume on the nano, that was fine, checked that cables were pushed firmly home. Anything else

Quick Reply: Ipod nano + Aux input