E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ipod Interface Disables Ipod Video Output?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Hey everyone,

I have a non-standard question. I am wondering if the BMW OEM Ipod interface which connects it to iDrive will disable the video output function of the iPod?

I would want to use the inexpensive $5 ipod video cable to get video output while being able to control the iPod via the iDrive interface. I would have to mount an external additional monitor in the E60 to watch the videos on my iPod.

Will the iDrive interface allow me to select "videos" or "photos" on the ipod? The videos would obviously display on the separate external monitor in the car, but can I select the video option itself using the iDrive, without having to physically reach for the player?

Any ideas?

P.S. - I am not referring to the AUX-In option, but rather the full integrated iPod solution.
Attached Thumbnails Ipod Interface Disables Ipod Video Output?-ipod_cable.gif  
Old 06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Members

Thumbs down

Anyone have an Ipod video in their E60?

Originally Posted by HOMEP1' post='433012' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:09 AM
Hey everyone,

I have a non-standard question. I am wondering if the BMW OEM Ipod interface which connects it to iDrive will disable the video output function of the iPod?

I would want to use the inexpensive $5 ipod video cable to get video output while being able to control the iPod via the iDrive interface. I would have to mount an external additional monitor in the E60 to watch the videos on my iPod.

Will the iDrive interface allow me to select "videos" or "photos" on the ipod? The videos would obviously display on the separate external monitor in the car, but can I select the video option itself using the iDrive, without having to physically reach for the player?

Any ideas?

P.S. - I am not referring to the AUX-In option, but rather the full integrated iPod solution.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by HOMEP1' post='433098' date='Jun 7 2007, 01:11 PM
Anyone have an Ipod video in their E60?
yes i do when its connected all it has is the bmw logo on the ipod u cant scroll through pictures or videos while it plugged in to the car... not sure if that answers your question but thats how it works for me.