E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

iPod Interface Adapter installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).
Default iPod Interface Adapter installed

Hey everyone!

Finally had my iPod interface adapter installed at the dealership. Couldn't be more pleased with the overall results at the end. Able to see all my playlist and tunes, etc., on the I-Drive screen on both my iPod Nano (6th gen) and iPod (5th Gen). Play and sound is absolutely impeccable also!

However, took the BMW technicians hours attempting to program the car afterwards. it was repeated failure after failure and countless recalibration scenarios. But finally, after about 6 reloads, they were successful.

They informed me upfront to anticipate failures in the program download process, as this model year was notoriously sensitive and prone to program failures. They weren't kidding. Oh well. Glad things (finally) worked out for me at the end.

I was actually thinking about retrofitting a backup camera for the car next. But after all this hassle, I'll probably just pass.

BEST REGARDS,
Old 09-05-2013, 02:08 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: e39

Why not Dension? The OEM IPOD features are a bit poor compared to a Dension 500.
Would have been cheaper too