E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

iPod Interface

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i 2007, Adaptive Headlights (Xenon), Auto AC Extended, Logic7, Bluetooth, PDC

Will I have to turn the iPod on each time I want it to work, or will it turn on automatically like the CD Changer each time I start the car or press the on/off (mute, actually) button? Will it start from where it last stopped? Thanks.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

Well, I'm gunna take a few guesses here. The way I see it, if you can actually control the ipod with idrive, you should be able to simply hit pause on your idrive control then your ipod will go to sleep after a minute or whatever the time is. Then if you hit play with your idrive control it will start back up where you last left it. Although if you just hit the mute button, I doubt your ipod will shut off. All that said, I'm not sure if there is a play/pause button that will be incorporated into idrive so you may actually have to turn it on and off all the time.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

I installed the Ipod interface in the 1er. When you connect (pressing the steering wheel botton) the ipod turns on. The ipod screen shows: BMW - connect. You could do all music functions except the equalizer settings.

I think that will be the same on the E60's