E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

IPOD Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.

Here's the story real quick................I had an appointment (WED) to get my trim fixed on my passenger door as well as hoping I can get a replacement M-ASK unit that plays MP3's. I called up another dealership who put my AUX in that same day, so no need to get it done Wednesday. Well after searching this great site, I found that I could get the Adapter installed for CHEAP if my car was wired for a changer (prep). Well, Yes it is, and instead of my price being somewhere around $600 US, they will do it for $375!!! Now I'm feeling like an idiot for NOT waiting til Wednesday. I paid $185 for the AUX install, which was GREAT compared to $225. This dealership is the best!!! But do I spend the $375 NOW after getting the AUX, to get the ADAPTER done?

What would you do?!!!

1. Get some HOEN foglights and other stuff
2. Save up for GAS this baby guzzles
3. Try to get them to remove the AUX and apply credit to the Adapter...FUNNY huh?

Just received my rubba Mats, Homelink (which I'm still trying to get to work) and my wheel locks.

Well, I'll just have to suck it up and leave it alone for now.
Attached Thumbnails IPOD Adapter-02_11_07_1619.jpg  
Old 02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pro2cer' post='396069' date='Feb 26 2007, 10:15 PM
Here's the story real quick................I had an appointment (WED) to get my trim fixed on my passenger door as well as hoping I can get a replacement M-ASK unit that plays MP3's. I called up another dealership who put my AUX in that same day, so no need to get it done Wednesday. Well after searching this great site, I found that I could get the Adapter installed for CHEAP if my car was wired for a changer (prep). Well, Yes it is, and instead of my price being somewhere around $600 US, they will do it for $375!!! Now I'm feeling like an idiot for NOT waiting til Wednesday. I paid $185 for the AUX install, which was GREAT compared to $225. This dealership is the best!!! But do I spend the $375 NOW after getting the AUX, to get the ADAPTER done?

What would you do?!!!

1. Get some HOEN foglights and other stuff
2. Save up for GAS this baby guzzles
3. Try to get them to remove the AUX and apply credit to the Adapter...FUNNY huh?

Just received my rubba Mats, Homelink (which I'm still trying to get to work) and my wheel locks.

Well, I'll just have to suck it up and leave it alone for now.
The iPod adapter is Great. Bone up and just do it. Even combined the price is less than what some people are paying.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Members

Hi Pro2cer,
What adapter are you referring to? I just purchased a 2004 545 and mp3's do not work. I asked
about an ipod and the dealership said the car does not have a connection, but would put an AUX port.
I have ready lots of posts but am still confused.
--tony
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Members

My Ride: "Angel I's" 2005 525i Debadged, Remote Homelink, Full Burl Package, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, BMW Wheel Stems, Biege Rubba Matz, EURO Tag, Dual Zone Vents, Automatic Car Ventilation, Rescue Kit. Due up: Aux Input, TINT, and K&N Filter and some Zaino LOVE for my Angel.

Originally Posted by montereytony' post='396115' date='Feb 27 2007, 12:18 AM
Hi Pro2cer,
What adapter are you referring to? I just purchased a 2004 545 and mp3's do not work. I asked
about an ipod and the dealership said the car does not have a connection, but would put an AUX port.
--tony
Well, the adapter is the setup that allows you to control you iPOD through use of the iDrive. It very simple and there should be a link here showing the OFFICIAL installation instructions. The key is, "your vehicle MUST have a CD Prep package". The dealership called BMW for me and found that I have it. Call your dealer and ask your SA to find this out for you. It will save you $200 or more for the additonal installation.

I like the AUX input.......BUT>.........the volume/level output as well as the decrease in the bass frequency has me a bit disappointed. I make the adjustments on the iPOD in the EQ section and in the Audio Menu of the iDrive.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails IPOD Adapter-03_17_06_0617.jpg  
Old 02-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Senior Members

Option 3 sounds great - if they would do it.
Otherwise, I would go for the MOSt Bus adaptor

Nothing beats having the entire music collection at your fingertip, and controlling it from the i-drive and steering wheel controls
Old 02-27-2007, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by montereytony' post='396115' date='Feb 27 2007, 12:18 AM
Hi Pro2cer,
--tony
Take this document to your Service Advisor at your BMW dealership
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MOST_Bus_iPod_interface.pdf (1.02 MB, 205 views)
Old 02-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Members

Thank you all! I am armed with a printout of the pdf. My appointment is scheduled at 8am this morning. Over
the phone I was told that they need the car for two day.
Thanks again!
--tony
Old 02-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by montereytony' post='396266' date='Feb 27 2007, 10:03 AM
Thank you all! I am armed with a printout of the pdf. My appointment is scheduled at 8am this morning. Over
the phone I was told that they need the car for two day.
Thanks again!
--tony
2 days

I thought 24 hours is more than enough. Unless the computer crashes overnight and they need to restart.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by the-oneil' post='396267' date='Feb 27 2007, 10:05 AM
2 days

I thought 24 hours is more than enough. Unless the computer crashes overnight and they need to restart.
WOW!!! Well I guess it depends on the schedule load there also. It can be done in 1 DAY normally if not quicker.
Hopefully you have the CD Prep. I've decided to put my $400 in other mods......things I can take with me when I trade up to the HORSE!!!! 750i!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails IPOD Adapter-02_11_07_1714.jpg  
Old 02-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Off topic, im just curious as to why you attached those images of the train and that old car.

Quick Reply: IPOD Adapter