E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i, Orient Blue, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Package, Satellite Radio, Rear Reflectors, Chrome Grilles. 2007 Z4, Silver Grey Metalic, Premium Package, Sport Package, Heated Seats, Xenon, Premium Radio

Until BMW offers full control of an Ipod thru Idrive, I refused to add their glovebox wire at a cost of $150. :thumbsdown:

Have any of you had any success with any of the Ipod FM transmitters (like Itrip)? Do they work? How's the sound? Perhaps one can hold me over until BMW get's with the program.

Which make do you recommend?

Thanks.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 530i 6-speed Titanium Silver/Black Interior Premium Package Sport Package Aux input 30 GB video iPod Cold Weather Package Xenon Red rear reflectors Tint Clear Bra

I have the Belkin FM transmitter and I don't use it at all anymore. I tried it a couple of times but the sound quality wasn't very good. Also too much interference from radio stations around the Boston area.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bedford530i' post='233897' date='Feb 2 2006, 10:14 PM
I have the Belkin FM transmitter and I don't use it at all anymore. I tried it a couple of times but the sound quality wasn't very good.
Ditto... I do keep my FM Transmitter around for when I'm traveling and have a rental car.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Contributors

I tried the Itrip and returned it the same day because the quality was horrible! :thumbsdown:

Now i have the AUX input installed and the quality is excellent

Rich
Old 02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I forget which one I have, but it works pretty well. It sounds better that my highest setting MP3 disks played in the CD. I don't use the transmitter very much though. I don't have much interference when I do.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

I use the monster fm transmitter for my work vehicle...works flawlessly
Old 02-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

I've never been a fan of the transmitters....it's a bit more convenient because you don't have wires but I don't like the sound quality at all. I always plug it in.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I have the iTrip and it is horrable in LA...too many radio stations. Now I only use it in my office with my office stereo. Don't ask me why it works better there than in the car.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535xi, Dark Green, c w pkg, premium pkg, premium sound, AT, comfort seats, PDC, nav, hud

Go to Wal-Mart.

They have a cheap brand called something like Shoene. They are in the car radio/audio area. There are at least two models, one that attaches through the Ipod bus connector (at the bottom) it's NO GOOD. Buy the one that attaches through the head-phone jack. It runs about 16-17$ and works GREAT.

I tried the Belkin first (it also connected via the bus port (bottom)) it didn't work worth a damn.

That cheaper one from Wal-Mart really blew me away. It had good sound quality and absolutley great reception through the FM radio. Unlike the Belkin, it has four fixed frequencies selected by a swith on the lighter adapter. But the four frequencies will basically punch through anything in their range.

It's a good buy and works well. btw....I found out about this adapter over in the Ipod forums.

Good luck!

Old 02-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Members

My Ride: On Order for European Delivery 550i SilverGrey Sports, Winter, Prem Pkg, Prem sound, NAV, HUD, comfort seats

Originally Posted by waiting' post='234010' date='Feb 3 2006, 06:32 AM
Go to Wal-Mart.

They have a cheap brand called something like Shoene. They are in the car radio/audio area. There are at least two models, one that attaches through the Ipod bus connector (at the bottom) it's NO GOOD. Buy the one that attaches through the head-phone jack. It runs about 16-17$ and works GREAT.

I tried the Belkin first (it also connected via the bus port (bottom)) it didn't work worth a damn.

That cheaper one from Wal-Mart really blew me away. It had good sound quality and absolutley great reception through the FM radio. Unlike the Belkin, it has four fixed frequencies selected by a swith on the lighter adapter. But the four frequencies will basically punch through anything in their range.

It's a good buy and works well. btw....I found out about this adapter over in the Ipod forums.

Good luck!

Hi Waiting

I went over to wal-mart.com and over to the forums but didnt have any luck searching. If it's not too much bother, can you post the exact name of the item you purchased. Greatly appreciate the help

Cyclesteve......

Quick Reply: Ipod