E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Interior upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

Okay, I'm looking to upgrade some interior bits to punch up the "luxury" feel of my car.

Specifically, I'm looking for wooden shifter (automatic tranny), the wooden center console w/black MASK (business nav) cover (with the storage cubby), the wooden trim for the steering wheel (is that too much? anyone have pics of that? Does it even exist?), and the idrive knob with the leather insert on top.

What are some other options to spruce up the interior? I'm not looking for excess but just.. more than it is. Any ideas? Pictures would be awesome too!

Now - I've went onto RealOEM and tried to find part numbers but I'm way too dense to figure out exactly what I need.

I ordered the Idrive knob from the dealer with the leather insert - it doesn't work on my idrive. it was for a later model so the way it attached was different. They said no part exists for my car with a leather insert, which I found hard to believe. Is that true? RealOEM is clear as mud in this regards - Anyone lend a hand with the part number that will fit for my car?

The center console was confusing as hell with a ton of options, as I said I'm looking for the business nav with the cubby, black trim, can anyone help me out with the right part number?

Last question - Should I just go through an OEM parts provider or are there aftermarket (someone on the board perhaps)?

Thanks and looking forward to seeing some additional ideas!

Edit: Added picture - the floor mat on the right side is only used when I go to a job site - it's aftermarket on top of the good ones [attachment=78931:Interior_upgrades.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails Interior upgrades-interior_upgrades.jpg  
Old 09-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

The problem of the E60 interior is plastic instead of leather.

Check this topic:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=54711
Old 09-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='681573' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:48 AM
The problem of the E60 interior is plastic instead of leather.

Check this topic:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=54711
+1! Wow, what an idea. However, not looking to drop quite that much money hah! But you've got it right. The plastic bits are shite. The E60 really does need a face lift on the finishes inside the car.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='681581' date='Sep 30 2008, 09:36 AM
+1! Wow, what an idea. However, not looking to drop quite that much money hah! But you've got it right. The plastic bits are shite. The E60 really does need a face lift on the finishes inside the car.

Yes, after exterior mods we should devote to the interior, that looks a bit poor in some details.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='681557' date='Sep 30 2008, 01:35 AM
Okay, I'm looking to upgrade some interior bits to punch up the "luxury" feel of my car.

Specifically, I'm looking for wooden shifter (automatic tranny), the wooden center console w/black MASK (business nav) cover (with the storage cubby), the wooden trim for the steering wheel (is that too much? anyone have pics of that? Does it even exist?), and the idrive knob with the leather insert on top.

What are some other options to spruce up the interior? I'm not looking for excess but just.. more than it is. Any ideas? Pictures would be awesome too!

Now - I've went onto RealOEM and tried to find part numbers but I'm way too dense to figure out exactly what I need.

I ordered the Idrive knob from the dealer with the leather insert - it doesn't work on my idrive. it was for a later model so the way it attached was different. They said no part exists for my car with a leather insert, which I found hard to believe. Is that true? RealOEM is clear as mud in this regards - Anyone lend a hand with the part number that will fit for my car?

The center console was confusing as hell with a ton of options, as I said I'm looking for the business nav with the cubby, black trim, can anyone help me out with the right part number?

Last question - Should I just go through an OEM parts provider or are there aftermarket (someone on the board perhaps)?

Thanks and looking forward to seeing some additional ideas!

Edit: Added picture - the floor mat on the right side is only used when I go to a job site - it's aftermarket on top of the good ones
here you go
Attached Thumbnails Interior upgrades-bmw_poplar_trim_idrive_add_7.jpg  
Old 10-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Contributors

You need the one with the little compartment built in then. CORRECT????
If so that would be part 51-45-6-951-026 about $115
Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by northern-monkey' post='682893
You need the one with the little compartment built in then. CORRECT????
If so that would be part 51-45-6-951-026 about $115
Yup, exactly!! Thank you so much!
Old 10-03-2008, 03:14 AM
Contributors

Changed the original picture with part numbers for anyone else who may be interested in these upgrades. A note - My car has PAPPEL DUNKEL (Dark Poplar), so make sure your car is either light or dark. If you have a question as to which you have - have your SA pull your VIN print out, and where it says Fine Wood Trim, you'll see a number. 438A = Dark, 437A = Light.

Also note that the part number for the center console is with the black trim. The alternative is the gray.

I'll post pictures once the parts get in! (are on order).
Old 10-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Members

how hard would it be to replace the cheap plastic around the climate controls with wood grain?
Old 10-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by doodoo' post='684579' date='Oct 3 2008, 09:22 PM
how hard would it be to replace the cheap plastic around the climate controls with wood grain?
Pretty hard - AFAIK, that piece doesn't exist. You could get it custom made but I imagine it would be pretty expensive.

Quick Reply: Interior upgrades