E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Interior bootlid switch RETROFIT

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Hi All

At the IAA meet in Frankfurt next Friday (16th) I'm planning on bringing several retrofit kits for the "missing" interior trunk release switch located at the bottom of the A pillar. As you will know, the European E60s up to Sep 2005 do NOT have this switch fitted. I've successfully fitted it to my car and it functions EXACTLY the same as the new cars from Sep 2005 production onwards. My information is that USA/CAN model cars already have this switch fitted and for some obscure reason, it was omitted from European market cars.

The retrofit takes about 15 minutes to do and involves removing two pieces of interior trims. The retrofit kit is fully plug and play, original BMW components and does NOT require recoding of the car.

The price of the kit is going to be 30 Euros for E60 members inc postage within the EU.

The purpose of this post is to find out roughly how many people will want this retrofit.

Any forum member that is at the IAA meet on the 16th and wants to have this kit installed, please let me know and I'll do it for you on the spot gratis.

The kit is for LHD AND RHD cars.

Thanks

All the Best

Hobi
Old 09-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (born 11/04) 525i Touring: jet black, bi-xenons, sports suspension, extended air conditioning. Retrofits: hinged cubby hole, AUX-input, generic I-Drive video interface (a.k.a. xbox-e60) Warranty repairs: software update, door seals replaced, loose aluminium trim fixed. Repairs: Self-levelling compressor.

Originally Posted by Hobi' date='Sep 7 2005, 11:58 AM
Hi All

At the IAA meet in Frankfurt next Friday (16th) I'm planning on bringing several retrofit kits for the "missing" interior trunk release switch located at the bottom of the A pillar.? As you will know, the European E60s up to Sep 2005 do NOT have this switch fitted.? I've successfully fitted it to my car and it functions EXACTLY the same as the new cars from Sep 2005 production onwards.? My information is that USA/CAN model cars already have this switch fitted and for some obscure reason, it was omitted from European market cars.

The retrofit takes about 15 minutes to do and involves removing two pieces of interior trims.? The retrofit kit is fully plug and play, original BMW components and does NOT require recoding of the car.

The price of the kit is going to be 30 Euros for E60 members inc postage within the EU.

The purpose of this post is to find out roughly how many people will want this retrofit.

Any forum member that is at the IAA meet on the 16th and wants to have this kit installed, please let me know and I'll do it for you on the spot gratis.

The kit is for LHD AND RHD cars.

Thanks

All the Best

Hobi
[snapback]167797[/snapback]
Hi,

Does this work for E61 also ? So this means that your kit adds a small button (+ something more) to that empty space in A-pillar and by pressing it it will open the back hatch lock ?
This sounds an item I'd like to have.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Hi Petri

It works for E60/E61. I will determine E63/64 compatibility next week at IAA. I'll take a look at a friend's E64 at the show.

The kit consists of:

1x BMW interior trunk release switch
1x Wiring harness, short length, with pushfit connectors
1x Instructions

Also, the switch has orange backlighting that activates together with the dashboard lighting. I am expecting that the instructions will come in the form of a DVD rather than a printed instruction sheet. I think a DVD will be easier for people to completely understand what to do etc..

Hope that answers it!

All the Best

Hobi
Old 09-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (born 11/04) 525i Touring: jet black, bi-xenons, sports suspension, extended air conditioning. Retrofits: hinged cubby hole, AUX-input, generic I-Drive video interface (a.k.a. xbox-e60) Warranty repairs: software update, door seals replaced, loose aluminium trim fixed. Repairs: Self-levelling compressor.

Originally Posted by Hobi' date='Sep 7 2005, 12:28 PM
Hi Petri

It works for E60/E61.? I will determine E63/64 compatibility next week at IAA.? I'll take a look at a friend's E64 at the show.

The kit consists of:

1x BMW interior trunk release switch
1x Wiring harness, short length, with pushfit connectors
1x Instructions

Also, the switch has orange backlighting that activates together with the dashboard lighting.? I am expecting that the instructions will come in the form of a DVD rather than a printed instruction sheet.? I think a DVD will be easier for people to completely understand what to do etc..

Hope that answers it!

All the Best
Hobi
[snapback]167802[/snapback]

Sure thing then.
I'm interested it very much.
Tell me how to proceed to order it. I just want it... and in such a cheap price for a change
Old 09-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Contributors

Hi Petri

I'll figure out the ordering process this weekend. Am going to try to do the instruction video as well. Meeting with Peter530i for lunch today and will verify one technical issue with LHD cars (about ground connection location).

All the Best

Hobi

The 30 Euros is basically cost price of parts with small amount of postage too.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:16 AM
Contributors

which bits of trim need removing and do they come apart and put back easily? ie. can a dummy ie. me! do it?
Old 09-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mathmos' date='Sep 7 2005, 11:16 AM
which bits of trim need removing and do they come apart and put back easily? ie. can a dummy ie. me! do it??
[snapback]167810[/snapback]

Hi mathmos

The whole point of me doing a DVD instruction video is so that people will see exactly what to do. The trim pieces that come off are the bottom door kick strip and the side kickpanel that houses the bonnet release lever. Everything is held by plastic push fit clips and a couple of screws.

All the Best

Hobi
Old 09-07-2005, 03:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Count me in --- I really want this. Let me know how to order.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:14 AM
IMU
Contributors

Please put my name down for a kit, Hobi

thanks v much!

Old 09-07-2005, 06:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

For 30 euros incl postage I want this!!!!! That's a superb extra option that we get for almost nothing! Fantastic!

Count me in!

Quick Reply: Interior bootlid switch RETROFIT