E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

intake mod update

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well for whatever reason my posts are being read my mods before released if they ever do-so if this ever reaches the public-regarding adding the 4 inch diameter intake tube/hole in my fender right under the cone intake in the airbox of the AFE-HUGE difference. The car must have fully adjusted after just drivin fora few hours and let it cool down and took it out and WOW the car pulls like never before. DEFINETly a huge gain for a absolutely free mod that is easy as pie to change back. I basically have twice as much air-with half of the air now WAY cold since its all coming from under the fender/brake duct area where there is virtually no heat.

Anyway if anyone gets word and has an AFE-this seriously makes the car pull like crazy. Last post ill ever make but I could not let some of yall with afes not know about this
Old 05-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Final update on this project-the response is HUGE-sent my thoughts to AFE engineering and got a phone call today asking me if they could work with the design in some future beta testers.

I increased the size to 4in diamteter tubing and drove today approx 5 hours. Let the car cool off and figured my ecu would be fully adapted and WOW-the throttle response and torque help is incredible. There is probably 3 times more air getting sucked in-most of it from a completely cool source-right near the brake duct.

So I wont comment on it again-but this is ridiculously amazing how much power this produced-more than power just solid throttle response out of first gear-a real jump out of first. Also the SAME route I go in once or so a day where I can get up to about a 100-usually takies me the hole hill to hit 100 and the end of 3r gear-today HALF way up the hill I hit the end of third-DEFINETLY some objective evidence that this thing works.

Anyway gluck