E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Intake, exhaust and Evotech=fun

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007 | 08:50 PM
Banned

Well I posted this on bimmerforums awhile ago and just got slammed for predicting hp gains but I wanted to let any 530i owners out there that they can TRANSFORM their car with an intake (mine is AFE), exhaust (mine is REmus) and a tune from EVOTECH following the mods. I was told by evotech and their dyno numbers plus the shop owner locally-that I would see 30-40hp. EVOTECH has 19whp on their dyno sheet on dynocomp I believe. AFE shows 6.5whp and remus have seen an inde dyno on one of the threads on the E90s that it gave around 6wh. So that is definetly 30 plus crank hp which I was told and reffering to.

Now I have not dynoed yet and am planning to but prob is I have no comparison before-my own fault.

So anyway-forget the HP numbers or whatever-probably not 30hp crank but the DRIVING experience is just night and day. Atleast my 530i with 6000 miles on it-has always had a real big lag from a start out of first ( I have steptronic). Off the line was slowsville and as you crawled up the mid-range power was a lot better.. With this stuff the car definetly pulls strong from the line with no lag (I can now get wheel spin just from flooring it with DSC off-where as before I could not-I think that is evidence in itself)-it also continues to pull into second gear with NO lag there at all like it did. Basically it just seemed to pull pretty weak before and now it is a much more spirited car.

Higher end power is not all that changed which is fine because this car was missing low end.

Also the sound is killer-quiet as a mouse until 4k rpms and then growl after that so very classy and refined unless you wanna show it off.

And some say that "it is the sound" that makes it feel faster. I agree it does but this was all with my stereo blasting louder than being able to hear my car and the pull was there.

So maybe the listed 258hp was not being used well or efficiently-as in poor throttle response or something so maybe the net hp gains are not massive but the driving experience due to wayyyy better throttle response and the regular stuff with a tune is amazing. Totally makes me happy with the 530 whereas before I was just wishing for more power or a 535 etc etc. But now I am honestly happy enough with this power that I will probably keep this car past my 3 year lease-and extend the lease (just leased it a few months ago)

Anyway it is awesome
Price-
intake-afe-400
remus-750
tune-850

Plus some instal by a bmw expert. Most problems I have read-and I read extensively especially in the E90 forums considering they are a lot more mod active and have the same N52 engines in the 325/330s-and everytime someone had a prob, especially with an AFE-it was them installing it and not a pro-properly intaslled that has been notta prob.