E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installing AngeliBright AIB's

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Hey Guys,

Like many here, the first time I installed the new original AngeliBright, now called AIB v1.0, I had to remove my headlights. It was a large and not a fun job at all. When the v2.0 upgrade came around for 100 bucks which fixed the FM issue and had many improvements I had to have it. Once again, like most here, I was rather upset that I had remove and send the old AIB's back first before receiving the new ones. They wouldn't even let the forum admin slide on this rule, I tried, believe me! Anyway, I managed to remove the old AIB's using 11" long needle nose plyers. I got the new AIB v2.0 a few days ago and struggled with the install. I was determined not to remove the headlights again. Maybe this was mentioned here before, but I instead removed that large metal support bracket which gave me enough side-side room to securely plug in the AIB's without having to remove the headlights. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when the AIB's fit in and I didn't have to remove the headlights again. Hopefully this helps someone! Pics below:

Very little space:
Installing AngeliBright AIB's-aib1.jpg

Bracket removed:
Installing AngeliBright AIB's-aib2.jpg

Just enough space to do the job now:
Installing AngeliBright AIB's-aib3.jpg
Old 03-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='397746' date='Mar 2 2007, 10:05 PM
Hey Guys,

Like many here, the first time I installed the new original AngeliBright, now called AIB v1.0, I had to remove my headlights. It was a large and not a fun job at all. When the v2.0 upgrade came around for 100 bucks which fixed the FM issue and had many improvements I had to have it. Once again, like most here, I was rather upset that I had remove and send the old AIB's back first before receiving the new ones. They wouldn't even let the forum admin slide on this rule, I tried, believe me! Anyway, I managed to remove the old AIB's using 11" long needle nose plyers. I got the new AIB v2.0 a few days ago and struggled with the install. I was determined not to remove the headlights again. Maybe this was mentioned here before, but I instead removed that large metal support bracket which gave me enough side-side room to securely plug in the AIB's without having to remove the headlights. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when the AIB's fit in and I didn't have to remove the headlights again. Hopefully this helps someone! Pics below:
Good job !

I was able to change the angel eye bulb today, without removing anything! It was a PITA, but now it's done, and the eyes on the right hand side is on agian
Old 03-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='397746' date='Mar 2 2007, 04:05 PM
Hey Guys,

Very little space:
Attachment 29110

Bracket removed:
Attachment 29111

Just enough space to do the job now:
Attachment 29112
Mark - You must have hands the size of an ewok! There's no way I could get in there. Congrats though!

PS - How do you like the new ones? Are they any brighter?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lomag,
Where is the pic in action
Old 03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='397795' date='Mar 2 2007, 06:25 PM
Mark - You must have hands the size of an ewok! There's no way I could get in there. Congrats though!

PS - How do you like the new ones? Are they any brighter?
Damn Calton. I think we should have tried this. With a long needlenose, I think we could have done it. Couldn't have been worse than the time we had
Old 03-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 530xi

How does the long needle nose play into this? Will be doing my AIB install in the near future
Old 03-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I was able to unscrew the old AIB's with the long needlenose plyers although I guess if you remove that bracket you can just unscrew them by hand. I didn't think of the bracket until I was struggling to re-install the newer AIB's.

I'm not sure if the newer AIB's are really brighter or what-not. They look very nice to me both old and new revisions. They are hard to capture on camera. With camera flash you get a more accurate representation but they look dimmer. Without flash they look very very bright. In real life though they're perfect. I'd say the first picture below is the best representation.

Installing AngeliBright AIB's-g4.jpg

Installing AngeliBright AIB's-g2.jpg

No flash on this one, see they look extra bright than the others:
Installing AngeliBright AIB's-g1.jpg

Installing AngeliBright AIB's-g3.jpg
Old 03-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Looks good Mark!