E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed the Sprint Booster!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you get the auto or the manual one?
Did you check pin connections? (are any bent?)
Did you reset Trans? (not sure this will do anything for you, but I did do it to mine before i started it the first time)
Did you make sure that both ends were connected securly? making sure both ends were pushed together all the way?

I'm sure there are bad units out there too.
Hope it all works out no mater what option you choose to go with.

Keep us posted
Old 07-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by too solid' post='626059' date='Jul 16 2008, 07:50 PM
I know, I just thought it would be that much better. I'm not even sure if I've heard of any 535 owners on this forum with SB installed. I'm going to try once more tomorrow. If it dosn't work I'm going to send it back. I just hope my engine light goes off, and nothing is wrong
I hope it does not mess with the turbo boost timers just being cautious and if all goes wrong don't tell the dealer ANYTHING!!

Rick.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Thanks for the info Audi Eatter, btw love the name

A bit of good news, I just started the car after letting it rest a while. The engine oil light is off! I'm not sure I want to try and install it again, all that reving and crazy noises made me pretty nervous. It's an $80,000 car, I don't usually trust myself with my niece's power wheels lol. I may try again tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i- Titanium Gray

Originally Posted by too solid' post='626132' date='Jul 16 2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the info Audi Eatter, btw love the name

A bit of good news, I just started the car after letting it rest a while. The engine oil light is off! I'm not sure I want to try and install it again, all that reving and crazy noises made me pretty nervous. It's an $80,000 car, I don't usually trust myself with my niece's power wheels lol. I may try again tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.

I had the same problem as you on my 545. I bought from partsexporter (andy) as well, he is a good guy no worries.
Your car goes into "limp home" mode if......

A. The SB is installed incorrectly, by incorrectly I mean look inside the connector at the numbers and be sure they line up with the numbers inside your pedal electrical housing (1,2,3,4,5,6)

B. The SB could be a dud, thats what my problem was. I contacted partsexporter@gmail.com and explained I had a dud. They gave me a return address and I shipped via DHL on my dime and they sent another to me. Make sure you track it because they arent responsible if it doesnt get there.

I installed mine...car went nuts...took it out....put stock back on and it was ok but I still had a WARNING light.

Regarding the warning light...save yourself some money next time it comes on if its due to you installing a mod and get a OBD II tool from Autozone that you can reset and read codes with. Will save you bucks from the dealer. I bought one and it worked like a charm!

I got my 2nd SB from Andy and it worked great!! Have no fear!!

Jake
Old 07-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Did you get the correct one? Manual vs Auto?
Old 07-17-2008, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Finally did it "the write way" guys. The car is running fine with no warning lights. I must say though.. I'm not as impressed with the SB as I thought I would be. I'm gonna give it a day or two, but keep your eyes open because there might be one for sale very soon
Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='626051
Finally did it "the write way" guys. The car is running fine with no warning lights. I must say though.. I'm not as impressed with the SB as I thought I would be. I'm gonna give it a day or two, but keep your eyes open because there might be one for sale very soon
rocky, i'm surprised cuz' i felt an immediate change is acceleration the moment i installed mine. if you're not feelin' it, i'm afraid you must've gotten a bad one. exchange it.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='626499' date='Jul 17 2008, 07:35 AM
SB doesn't add any power, it simply deletes the "lag" that the BMW's are known for.

rocky, i'm surprised cuz' i felt an immediate change is acceleration the moment i installed mine. if you're not feelin' it, i'm afraid you must've gotten a bad one. exchange it.
First impression wasn't so great. BUT my second impression is much different. I've been driving a bit today, and I have to say, I'm lovin it. The lag is definately not there anymore between gears, and throttle response is much quicker. I think I was just in a mood because it took so many try's to install it correctly.

It was a well spent $300! I recommend this mod
Old 07-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by too solid' post='626566' date='Jul 17 2008, 12:51 PM
First impression wasn't so great. BUT my second impression is much different. I've been driving a bit today, and I have to say, I'm lovin it. The lag is definately not there anymore between gears, and throttle response is much quicker. I think I was just in a mood because it took so many try's to install it correctly. lol

It was a well spent $300! I recommend this mod
Yeah baby! Welcome to the SB family. Now, what's next Rocky? What can I help you spend your money on next? Hahahaha!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='626570' date='Jul 17 2008, 08:56 AM
Yeah baby! Welcome to the SB family. Now, what's next Rocky? What can I help you spend your money on next? Hahahaha!
LoL btw thanks for the help C'

I have no idea whats in store next! I should have my intake early next week, and my splitter in about a week and a half.

I'm definately going to need some ideas from everyone, because as of now I can't think of anything more I want to do. Other then maybe a TF and some brighter head light bulbs.

Possibly the VMR V710's, but I may wait untill they have some 20's available, if ever!

Quick Reply: Installed the Sprint Booster!