E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed Rogue Eng SSK and Zeckhausen CDV today

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:59 PM
AlB
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is three words W O W !!!

The SSK is very nice, the CDV replacement is amazing and the combo truly transforms the rowing experience. When you engage 2nd gear now, the car does not stumble, it lurches. To be honest, I do feel a wee bit vibration in the shifter, but not enough to be a problem.

The install went well, but it def makes sense to do it on a lift. My indy buddy did most of the work and both replacements took just under 3 hours. There is a moderate amount of dis-assembly consisting of plastic body pans, heat shields and the entire exhaust from the cats back (one piece). The hardest part of the shifter install was removing and reinstalling the shift selector rod from/to the tranny, it was done by the "finger feel" method. The rest was pretty straightforward. No other dis-assembly was needed for the CDV replacement. The hardest part of the CDV install was bleeding the air out of the system. Someone had borrowed his bleeder so we had to do it manually by pumping/holding the clutch pedal.

For those of you who take my advice and do these two mods, I offer a few hints.

1. Keep track of which fasteners come out of which holes when removing the apron pans and heat shields. The head size is the same but some of the threads are different.

2. Have some lubricant to remove and reinstall rubber boot from shifter to make it slide over the shifter easier.

3. Have the correct lubricant for the new plastic carriage supplied with the new shifter

4. Have some antiseize for the re-connection of the exhaust to the cats.

I'd like to thank PA550 and Bif who were helpful on my install and provided these tips to me.

I know someone will be interested in price so the parts are just over $300 and the labor is up to who does the work, the hourly rate and how long it takes. My indy charged me $150, so for less than $500, you now have a 6 speed that drives like it should.

that's about it

best of luck

al