E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed replica 166's today

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

The weather has been getting nicer so I thought I'd take off my winter wheels/tires and put on the replica 166 wheels that I bought from Lakeshore Wheel a few months ago. I've read about the horror stories regarding replicas and the vibration they cause so I was very nervous while installing these.

I just got back from a 45 mile trip and I'm very pleased so far. I noticed some minimal vibration around 50 mph but honestly would not have noticed it if I hadn't read about it on this board. You REALLY have to look/feel for it. My girlfriend was in the car and she never mentioned anything about vibration either.

I'll update this post if/when I start experiencing any vibration. So far, so good.

Wish me luck.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='401575' date='Mar 11 2007, 08:06 PM
The weather has been getting nicer so I thought I'd take off my winter wheels/tires and put on the replica 166 wheels that I bought from Lakeshore Wheel a few months ago. I've read about the horror stories regarding replicas and the vibration they cause so I was very nervous while installing these.
I just got back from a 45 mile trip and I'm very pleased so far. I noticed some minimal vibration around 50 mph but honestly would not have noticed it if I hadn't read about it on this board. You REALLY have to look/feel for it. My girlfriend was in the car and she never mentioned anything about vibration either.

I'll update this post if/when I start experiencing any vibration. So far, so good.
Wish me luck.
Did your replicas need hubcentric rings? I wonder if we had the same ones...

You stated that you had minimal vibration; is that ok for the longterm?

Please report back on the vibration issue a couple of weeks from now.

I have my set of Lake Shore replicas that I would be happy to sell to anyone
Old 03-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I bought hubcentric rings, but I failed to see that the wheels came with them to begin with and they (metal rings) were already on the wheel so I didn't end up using them. If the vibration (if that's even what it is) stays the way it is then I'd have no problems whatsoever. It was very windy today, so maybe that had something to do with it as well. As mentioned, I really don't think I would've noticed any vibrations if I hadn't been looking for it due to the bad experience of a couple e60.net board members.

I'll report back if the situation changes.