E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed R1 concepts drill & slotted rotors & axxis pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally got around to my indy and he installed my R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors aswell as axxis pads and new sensors enjoy also i took the time and snapped some flix's of my car and mods car since i dont think i have shared much of my car with you guys car is very dirty was snowing here in nyc today yesir it was in the middle of spring btw also uploaded a video clip of my exhaust note =]......also real quick anyone else have this issue with bmw's and rotors like my old rotors after a raining day would look like they had rust on them ?? or is it just me ? im getting these on the new ones too like after it rains they get yellowish then after a drive around on a sunny day they go away wtf? BTW thanks to trinity autosports foremost nerweezy i nag the crap out of that guy and he always keeps his cool great peoples also a sneak peak of my up and coming mod [smg anyone?]

what do you guys think of my ride? scroll full to the right to get the pics
Attached Thumbnails Installed R1 concepts drill & slotted rotors & axxis pads-100_0028.jpg   Installed R1 concepts drill & slotted rotors & axxis pads-100_0029.jpg   Installed R1 concepts drill & slotted rotors & axxis pads-100_0031.jpg   Installed R1 concepts drill & slotted rotors & axxis pads-100_0032.jpg   Installed R1 concepts drill & slotted rotors & axxis pads-100_0034.jpg  

Installed R1 concepts drill & slotted rotors & axxis pads-100_0038.jpg  
Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Nice Man! What kind of exhaust is that? Looks like you have a can on the right side too.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Contributors

to be honest i have no idea the guy/ girl that had it before me had it done i just got it fixed because it had a slight rattle and a small hole i guess from potholes whenever my indy has a chance prob this week i will throw it on the lift i know for a fact it is a true dual exhaust
Old 04-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

Yes..it is normal to get a layer of surface rust on the rotors, when they get wet, then the car sits for a couple of hrs. Should all scrape off when the brakes are used. My experience with the R1 Concepts slotted/ drilled rotors is that even though they come zinc coated or whatever, the coating wears off of the braking surface quickly, and when the rotors get wet over time you will see rust in the holes and slots. They work well though...never had a problem with them on my other 2 cars.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

It looks like they are OEM M5 Exhaust. I wonder how the hell they fitted it to the passengers side. Can you confirm if the trunk floorboard is moded or not for the fitment of the exhaust to fit.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='840877' date='Apr 8 2009, 06:04 PM
It looks like they are OEM M5 Exhaust. I wonder how the hell they fitted it to the passengers side. Can you confirm if the trunk floorboard is moded or not for the fitment of the exhaust to fit.
last time i looked everything look'd oem even down to the fact that they dynomatted the bottom of the car and then put the heatshield very nice work whoever did it just dont know the brand of the exhaust for the hell of me im sure its oem dunno why its so loud though i love it though
Old 04-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mikeg3tsguap' post='840880' date='Apr 8 2009, 05:06 PM
last time i looked everything look'd oem even down to the fact that they dynomatted the bottom of the car and then put the heatshield very nice work whoever did it just dont know the brand of the exhaust for the hell of me im sure its oem dunno why its so loud though i love it though
Can you tell us if your battery sits below the floor board or above the floorboard level? Just interested in seeing how the M5 exhaust could be added to the passengers side. Looks Perfect!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='840900' date='Apr 8 2009, 06:18 PM
Can you tell us if your battery sits below the floor board or above the floorboard level? Just interested in seeing how the M5 exhaust could be added to the passengers side. Looks Perfect!
sits bottom floorboad no spare tire dead smack against the bumper you could say
Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

rotors look good...how much was the cost for rotors and pads from trinity? I think I've read in some posts ~$500....that correct?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Contributors

Nice mod. The rotors really compliments the wheels. The exhaust sounds sick. Sounds like my Impala. Is all the resonators still there?

Quick Reply: Installed R1 concepts drill & slotted rotors & axxis pads