E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

installed black kidneys and fender blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

so i ordered black kidneys and smoked fender blinkers on wensday from trinity. i got them in the mail today (friday) california to nj. thats what im talkn about.the blinkers went in like butter. 1 minute per side. i was a little perplexed when i took the oem blinker out and tried to plug the new one in. i was like then i relized you have to twist the connector off the stock bulb and plug it in. wasnt sure bout polarity but they worked fine so i let it be.... now i went on to the grill. i took this sites advise and took the rubber weatherstripoff removed the 5 top torx screws. had a hell of a time getting the oem grill out i pushed down the top 3 clips then snuck my hand into the bumper and by the time i got to the bottom the tops poped back in. finally got them out and put the black ones in. fit like a glove but somehow i managed to snap one clip . i jerry riged it with some double sided tape. cut 2 tiny peices and stacked them up on the clip so it cant push out. covered it with the weatherstripping anyways. heres a few pics. now just waiting on lights from brabus. also noted that i need a new freakin bumper holy chippage
Attached Thumbnails installed black kidneys and fender blinkers-pictures-2010-016.jpg   installed black kidneys and fender blinkers-pictures-2010-017.jpg   installed black kidneys and fender blinkers-pictures-2010-019.jpg   installed black kidneys and fender blinkers-pictures-2010-022.jpg   installed black kidneys and fender blinkers-pictures-2010-020.jpg  

installed black kidneys and fender blinkers-pictures-2010-023.jpg   installed black kidneys and fender blinkers-pictures-2010-018.jpg  
Old 08-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Senior Members

Nice mods.

On a side note, seeing your hood doesn't make me feel bad about the amount of stone/rock chips I have. Sweet jesus. These BMW metallic paints are so soft..

Good job on the mods! Nice to see more Mystic Blues around the tri-state.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Nice mods. I think wheels should be next so you can sell me that outdated set you have on now . Car looks great, especially your drop/wheel combo. Maybe some Euro overlays from AKAlius to hide that orange in your headlights. Cheapest mod you can do that significantly improves the look of your car IMO.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Contributors

yea i wanna get those headlight stickers to cover the orange. whose got those? and yes the front of my car bumper and nose of hood is covered with tiny chips.theres a new on everyday it seems. the rest of the car is fine. i was thinking lumma kit and carbon hood anyways. so that should fix it
Old 08-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
yea i wanna get those headlight stickers to cover the orange. whose got those? and yes the front of my car bumper and nose of hood is covered with tiny chips.theres a new on everyday it seems. the rest of the car is fine. i was thinking lumma kit and carbon hood anyways. so that should fix it
You're in luck, he's running a special! PM member AKAlius https://5series.net/forums/topic/102928-euro-overlays/
Old 08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Members

Nice. Are the LEDs in the smoked blinkers still legal? (i.e. yellow turn signal)
Old 08-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Contributors

legal? i have no idea. its an amber light. if it was blue or something i can see it being an issue. im sure if a cop stops me it wont be for that lol
Old 08-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I think the kidney grill removal instructions need to be updated.

You really only need to pop the top three tabs down, reach your hand between the grills, and pull hard in a swift motion and it'll pop right out.

I have read about people spending a long time or getting their hands cut up because they were trying to depress the side and bottom tabs. I just lol'ed, haha.

Anyway, nice color, don't really see that around here.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looking good man thanks again
Old 08-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

Did you break any tabs on the OEM grill. If not you, want to sell it?

Quick Reply: installed black kidneys and fender blinkers