E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: Which rims to get?!?
Breyton Race GTS - painted black
22.73%
Miro 935's - black
6.82%
VMR - Phantom Black from pyspeed
9.09%
OEM 167's
18.18%
OEM 166's
45.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

I want to get rims again....im torn on which to get. help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phantom Black VMR's can be seen here: CLICK

I really like the breytons but they do require spacers which i dont like.

Im not 100% positive but i think the Miro 935's require hub rings which i dont like.

VMR's - I dont know much about these rims. Anyone care to share +'s and -'s?

OEM are obviously good in every way.

Im going to keep my tails tinted and will order black and white badges once i get wheels.

Im sure your thinking oh this again....blah blah blah. Im keeping the car longer then i want to because of money. My mom was going to buy it but is getting remarried now so her money is going into buying a house, and the wedding. I would trade it in but the offer i got was low so i said F that. I figured if im going to keep the car i might as well make it cool again.

If you have another wheel choice you think is better go ahead and share your opinions. Anyone with personal experiences with any of these wheels go ahead and share them.

The two most important things when making my decision:

1. Wheel weights - my stock 17's weigh 21 pounds and i dont want to run a setup that is going to be a lot heavier than my stock wheels. My stock wheels do have the runflats so those tires are pretty heavy. So the rim i pick can weigh a little more than my stock ones because i will make up some difference from not having run flats on.

2. Hub centric
Old 12-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Given that you'd had the Miro Rep 167s, going to OEM 167s is just repeating the same look (albeit with a better wheel).

I love the look of the Breytons. They look great on Kerry's and John's ride. They look very aggressive.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Contributors

get these. they are pretty much awesome:

Old 12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

I like the Breyton myself. Especially the way they are pictured above with the silver. The only thing I don't like about this style wheel is that it makes the brake rotor look so small. So the next mod is a big brake kit?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1071235
get these. they are pretty much awesome:

Those are nice.

Originally Posted by SBrown712' post='1071268' date='Dec 10 2009, 12:40 AM
I like the Breyton myself. Especially the way they are pictured above with the silver. The only thing I don't like about this style wheel is that it makes the brake rotor look so small. So the next mod is a big brake kit?
Big brake on my 530 would look more weird than anything imo. I dont have the money and would never do big brake setup. Once my rotors and brakes need replacing will do a cross drilled setup but will keep it stock size.

Someone has to have some dirt on the breytons....they cant be perfect, can they? anyone have them bend or crack? Any thing i need to worry about?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

I thought you said you would never buy heavy wheels ever again?

Get Forgestar F14's, they're light, lite, light...and cheap, cheap, cheap.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Contributors

Bret my friend is selling his breytons. I'll pm you the price and pics if you are interested

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1071193' date='Dec 9 2009, 07:59 PM
Phantom Black VMR's can be seen here: CLICK

I really like the breytons but they do require spacers which i dont like.

Im not 100% positive but i think the Miro 935's require hub rings which i dont like.

VMR's - I dont know much about these rims. Anyone care to share +'s and -'s?

OEM are obviously good in every way.

Im going to keep my tails tinted and will order black and white badges once i get wheels.

Im sure your thinking oh this again....blah blah blah. Im keeping the car longer then i want to because of money. My mom was going to buy it but is getting remarried now so her money is going into buying a house, and the wedding. I would trade it in but the offer i got was low so i said F that. I figured if im going to keep the car i might as well make it cool again.

If you have another wheel choice you think is better go ahead and share your opinions. Anyone with personal experiences with any of these wheels go ahead and share them.

The two most important things when making my decision:

1. Wheel weights - my stock 17's weigh 21 pounds and i dont want to run a setup that is going to be a lot heavier than my stock wheels. My stock wheels do have the runflats so those tires are pretty heavy. So the rim i pick can weigh a little more than my stock ones because i will make up some difference from not having run flats on.

2. Hub centric
Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1071283
Bret my friend is selling his breytons. I'll pm you the price and pics if you are interested
interested.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1071287' date='Dec 10 2009, 12:18 AM
Dont really like them. Want a more concave look. Im trying to avoid heavy wheels but i figured switching from runflat tire to low profile will take some weight off.

I would love some light 3pc wheels but cant spend that much money. The 19in breytons with non run flat tires cant be much over my oem 138's with run flats.
interested.
Where are you getting a weight of 21lbs for your 138's?

None of the 19's you are listing as options are very light...can't remember the weight of the 167's

Breyton Race GTS 19" fronts are 26.5lbs, rears are 27.5lbs..plus spacers

OEM 166's are like 26-27lbs front, 29-30lbs rear.

Forgestar F14's... 24lbs front, 23.5lbs rear
Old 12-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Contributors

Brett you are the Anti wheel weight chick! you would sell your soul to save a pound per wheel.

just dish out the $5K for a set of forged wheels and be done with it. Sorry if my extremely detailed wheel weight post when you first joined had anything to do with this!

I really dont think a pound here or there is going to make that much of a difference unless you are racing your car. i wouldn't be too concerned. get what you like for the right price putting weight after looks and price. it will make wheel shopping much easier! Just dont get 21" chrome tedddy wheels. I am sure they weigh a ton!

Quick Reply: I want to get rims again....im torn on which to get. help me