E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I searched, I really did...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

I tried to find these DIY's, I swear. I couldn't find anything, although I'm sure I saw them somewhere in the past.

I am looking for DIY's on removing OE and installing the aluminum ACS handbrake AND for installing ACS rep pedals for an automatic. Anyone know where these are located and can provide links please.

Also, what is the deal with the search engine on here - I've said this before, I can't find shit with it. What is the trick, what system does it use? I've tried the advanced search already too.

Thanks much guys and gals!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by bha7176
I tried to find these DIY's, I swear. I couldn't find anything, although I'm sure I saw them somewhere in the past.

I am looking for DIY's on removing OE and installing the aluminum ACS handbrake AND for installing ACS rep pedals for an automatic. Anyone know where these are located and can provide links please.

Also, what is the deal with the search engine on here - I've said this before, I can't find shit with it. What is the trick, what system does it use? I've tried the advanced search already to
Thanks much guys and gals!

OK, found the handbrake removal thread - gotta pop the leather boot out, flip it over the handbrake, cut the plastic rip tie, remove handbrake install new one and revers the order.

Still can't find the pedal install though. They are the ACS replica's that need screwed on....
Old 02-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

I just installed ACS pedal in my car. You just need to peel off the rubber from the brake pedal and mark the holes and drill. The brake pedal in my car was metal so your going to need a nice new bit. The gas pedal is plastic so mark and drill. But becareful because after I installed I noticed that the top screws were hitting so I had to get the dremel in there and cut them. The dead pedal just line up mark and screw it in. Hope that helps.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by e60oholic
I just installed ACS pedal in my car. You just need to peel off the rubber from the brake pedal and mark the holes and drill. The brake pedal in my car was metal so your going to need a nice new bit. The gas pedal is plastic so mark and drill. But becareful because after I installed I noticed that the top screws were hitting so I had to get the dremel in there and cut them. The dead pedal just line up mark and screw it in. Hope that helps.
daaym that was like the best DIY ever, man
Old 02-15-2010, 04:40 AM
Contributors

thanks.

Yeah, of course after spending literally about two hours searching I came across some threads on both of my topics.

Appreciate the responses none the less.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Members

I'm in the middle of adding aluminum pedals too.

I found it a lot easier to do searches using google. For some reason the search engine on the forum site seems to find too many completely unrelated threads due to many of the key words being in people's signatures.

I was able to find a thread that showed that it was pretty easy to remove the gas pedal. On my car, there is an allen head screw under a plastic cap at the base of the gas pedal. I removed it and then pushed the gas pedal up and forward slightly with a little wiggle it came out. The connector requires you to grab both sides (there is sort of a slot for your finger to reach around to the other side of the connector), squeeze, and then pull up.

I haven't decided yet how I'm going to connect the pedal to the plastic gas pedal. It came with nuts and bolts, but only three can be installed and the top two will be a royal pain. I'm heading to Lowe's to see what kind of options there are for screws. I'll probably leave the bottom right one off since it appears to be very close to the hinge.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wolfgang0524
I'm in the middle of adding aluminum pedals too.

I found it a lot easier to do searches using google. For some reason the search engine on the forum site seems to find too many completely unrelated threads due to many of the key words being in people's signatures.

I was able to find a thread that showed that it was pretty easy to remove the gas pedal. On my car, there is an allen head screw under a plastic cap at the base of the gas pedal. I removed it and then pushed the gas pedal up and forward slightly with a little wiggle it came out. The connector requires you to grab both sides (there is sort of a slot for your finger to reach around to the other side of the connector), squeeze, and then pull up.

I haven't decided yet how I'm going to connect the pedal to the plastic gas pedal. It came with nuts and bolts, but only three can be installed and the top two will be a royal pain. I'm heading to Lowe's to see what kind of options there are for screws. I'll probably leave the bottom right one off since it appears to be very close to the hinge.

Let me know what fasteners you end up using. I was at Lowes today looking at self tapping screws - didn't buy any as I don't even have the new pedals yet, but I was certainly looking and there were some good potentials. Some pictures and final fasteners on a reply post would be cool.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Members

I ended up using Hillman 6x1/2 Stainless steel sheet metal screws, pan head phillips.

I figured I would start with these since the hole will be smaller and if I don't like them I'll make the hole bigger and try the nuts and bolts that came with the set.

They worked pretty well. I may cut the head off of one and super glue it in the last hole to finish the look.

I'm heading out now to take some pictures of some of the mods I've done.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wolfgang0524
I ended up using Hillman 6x1/2 Stainless steel sheet metal screws, pan head phillips.

I figured I would start with these since the hole will be smaller and if I don't like them I'll make the hole bigger and try the nuts and bolts that came with the set.

They worked pretty well. I may cut the head off of one and super glue it in the last hole to finish the look.

I'm heading out now to take some pictures of some of the mods I've done.
look forward to seeing them! thanks for the info.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

I used the nuts and bolts that came with them. For the bottom right of the pedal I drilled the hole a little to small and just forced the bolt in without the nut. I was surprised to see the clutch pedal was plastic!

I just took a picture of mine tonight, yes i know my carpets are filthy!

Hey can you share the wealth like a link to the handbrake DIY?

Quick Reply: I searched, I really did...