E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006 | 05:56 PM
Members

HI,
I just set an appt at dealer to get an aux in installed on Monday 1/23, I use an Iriver for Nap-to-go rather than an Ipod, he said they would mount the input anywhere and I have seen the DYI from the guy that did a clean install on the ipod in armrest. Hopefully we can post links on here I'm not sure but my first thought was to put it in the tray under climate controls (I have no DVD, so there's a tray) and use a male male plug and work off battery. Then I saw this link http://www.kuda-phonebase.de/start.php?id=2 which is just a pretty clean looking phone base made for e60's, then secondly I have an Iriver docking station with a line out so I won't have any cable comming out of the top and it has it's own power I can hardwire the CLA to see the pic below

Basically I could sink in if I'm looking at the pic right the Kuda leather phone mount the back end of my cradle so just the front of the cradle would show and I would have hard-wire power and output. I already have cradle and the Kuda thing is $50

Any thoughts?? I hope what I wrote made sense, the kuda base is designed to face driver so you can dial phone so in my estimation all I would have to do is click in the Iriver and it would be right at the level for selection with no visible wires.

Just added pic for the phone base made for e60, I have grey interior like this one. I added the pics of everything basically I already have the h10 and cradle, the bottom of cradle would be sunk inot what look like a hollow KAda phone base and the CLA I would buy but would be inside the phone base and of course hardwired into the back ot the cig lighter and not seen.

There also is a remote for it that could be put somewhere esle that would work off the dock so again all that would be seen is the clickin part of cradle. EDIT, remote only works of top of I river and not back of cradle and my intention is to see or have no wires at all so scratch that part.
Attached Thumbnails I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links-092400_g.jpg   I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links-h10_20gb_crdle2.jpg   I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links-h10_5gb_silv.jpg   I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links-h100_car_adapta.jpg   I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links-h10_remote_silv.jpg  

Old 01-16-2006 | 09:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

This is my similar setup installed. Instaed of an I river its an HP Ipaq 3750. Go for the Kuda its great. With it being a hollow fibreglass shape you can hide cable or whatever inside it.
I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links-ipaq.jpg

I took power from the rear cigarette lighters. Ive just bought an Ipod Nano 4Gb, so I will be changing this soon...go for it.
Old 01-16-2006 | 11:39 PM
Members

Thanks for the tip , I thought someone must have used one before.

Yours looks like it's on the drivers side, did you order it this way and do you think it's easier to reach? Wait are my eyes playing tricks on me, that's the map net or whatever for the passenger side. You must be a right hand drive?

Your pic looks good so I think I'm going to order it and try it, in looking at my Ipaq the cradle has no audio out so I guess there was no way to eliminate that even though you have it cleanly tucked in there, do they make a cradle with an audio out for the Nano (I was thinking about jumpin ship cause I would rather buy my tunes than mess with a subscrpition service, & in hopes of an i-drive integration w/ipod from dennison or whatever) For now I'm gonna buy that kuda and give this a shot with the Iriver.
Old 01-17-2006 | 12:21 AM
Members

Mixterk,
How did you cut the fiberglass, just drill into it? I need to cut roughly a 2 inch wide, by half an inch high hole into it to slide the back of the cradle into it. I have no experience with it and the Kuda cost me $72 w/shipping and in my color. I don't want mess up the leather maybe I'll try an audio place and find an installer and give him $20 to cut it and sink it in there for me.
Old 01-17-2006 | 01:50 PM
New Members

My Ride: 520d M-Sport
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by MikeB' post='225291' date='Jan 17 2006, 08:39 AM
Yours looks like it's on the drivers side, did you order it this way and do you think it's easier to reach? Wait are my eyes playing tricks on me, that's the map net or whatever for the passenger side. You must be a right hand drive?
Yep, we're RHD in the UK

Mixterk - I've been considering the Kuda mount because it has to be one of the smartest mounts available. I'm also using the Tom Tom mount for my iPaq - now I've seen your install I better go ahead and order. Did you source it from Kuda Germany?
Old 01-17-2006 | 02:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by MikeB' post='225291' date='Jan 17 2006, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the tip , I thought someone must have used one before.

Your pic looks good so I think I'm going to order it and try it, in looking at my Ipaq the cradle has no audio out so I guess there was no way to eliminate that even though you have it cleanly tucked in there, do they make a cradle with an audio out for the Nano (I was thinking about jumpin ship cause I would rather buy my tunes than mess with a subscrpition service, & in hopes of an i-drive integration w/ipod from dennison or whatever) For now I'm gonna buy that kuda and give this a shot with the Iriver.

This is the cradle Ive ordered for my nano, the Kuda will allow the flex cable to be installed through so that it is fitted snugly against the kuda phonebase. I'll take pics when its done. Theres a lead time of 8-10 days on the cradle, it has a jack out so I can make the connection to the Aux In almost invisible.

I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links-microflex.jpg
It easy to drill into the phone base for the fixings, just be carefull not to damage the leather.
Ive made a power extension cable which will allow the cigarette lighter plug of the microwflex cradle to plug in for power, I wreckon I will be able to hide it all pretty well.

Cheers Mick
Old 01-23-2006 | 12:11 PM
Members

Bobbin-Man I just ordered mine over the phone from KUDA USA, it is 49.99 and 12.00 for grey leather, she waived the upgraded leather fee and shipped it out today, said I would have it in 2 days via ups. Her info is...

Estera Szewczyk
972-399-7808
VP
KUDA USA Inc.
3804 Carver Place
Irving, TX 75061

estera@kudausa.com
www.kudausa.com

I haven't done my install yet went to dealer today but they forgot to order the part, I'm thinking of having the stock aux input installed in the back where they will start comming fromthe factory and spliting in to the back of the kuda when that gets here on Wednesday. Haven't thought it through all the way yet but I just don't want to see anywires.

Add me to your address book...
Want a signature like this?
Old 01-25-2006 | 10:42 PM
Members

Installed it tonight, had to completly take apart the circuit board and base to the River cradle, so I have power and output wired in. Works great, if anyone wants to buy the Kuda base it was here in 2 days and the leather is as close a match as possible. I'm pretty impressed with it. I kind of wish I went with a Nano and may go that route becasue I think the cable comming out of the bottom of those or the adapter has both audio out and power rather than me having to tear apart a cradle.
Attached Thumbnails I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links-im0003822.jpg  
Old 01-25-2006 | 10:56 PM
Members

Misterk, I'm going to probably get your same base and a Nano, I didn't have to cut into the Kuda for the Iriver and it fits so snug I didn't even install that one screw yet. Show some pics when your done, I like alucubes nano on the thread here http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=20526&hl=kuda but since I don't have one I'm not sure if that one cable commingout of the bottom of his if he's getting ouput and power. But that Nano dock in the ashtray I think looks the cleanest.
Old 01-25-2006 | 11:14 PM
Members

MIsterk, where is that nano cradle at?? And where is the audio out located, is it on the end of the cig plug? And I guess it wouldn't be to hard to find a female to another male cig extension, did you say you made yours? And have you seen the back of it to see if the arm can go staight back and through while keeping it a flush fit. I'd like to do the same if you could let me know when you get yours.

Quick Reply: I-River mounting options to Aux In idea... see links