E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

i need to make a decision...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so ive been trying to decide what direction im going to go when deciding on new shoes for my ride. ive spent many nights the past few weeks trying to choose btwn chrome, all black or black with a chrome lip. i think ive decided to split the difference and get the black with chrome lip. i have a 06 alpine white 530i with some exterior mods. check the pic and give some feedback. also, can anyone give any feedback on the Privat wheels? good quality? good fit for the E60? any better options that wont break the bank? looking to spend bout 2500 total (rims/tires). thanx
Attached Thumbnails i need to make a decision...-privat_netz_20black.jpg  
Old 11-16-2008, 04:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i SGM Steptronic Dinan CAI Dinan TB GTech Pro RR

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='722458' date='Nov 16 2008, 05:33 AM
so ive been trying to decide what direction im going to go when deciding on new shoes for my ride. ive spent many nights the past few weeks trying to choose btwn chrome, all black or black with a chrome lip. i think ive decided to split the difference and get the black with chrome lip. i have a 06 alpine white 530i with some exterior mods. check the pic and give some feedback. also, can anyone give any feedback on the Privat wheels? good quality? good fit for the E60? any better options that wont break the bank? looking to spend bout 2500 total (rims/tires). thanx
I've been very happy with my MRR GT1's, good value for the money if you like the mesh/dish look and you can get silver, black or chrome.

i need to make a decision...-545_2.jpg
i need to make a decision...-545_4.jpg
i need to make a decision...-545_6.jpg
Attached Thumbnails i need to make a decision...-545_3.jpg   i need to make a decision...-545_5.jpg  
Old 11-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

brandsb.. what size are your wheels?? dont get all chrome!!! chrome is sooooo last year..lmao.. j/k.. seriously though.. dont get chrome.. takes away classyness combined with sportyness that our bmw's display
Old 11-16-2008, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Here's a pic of my MRR GT-1, black-face with polished lips,

i need to make a decision...-5mrrgt13pc7.jpg
Old 11-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

Choosing wheels drives ya nuts doesn't it.... I agonize over wheels. Now that I have BBS LM's I can't afford to change to anything else

I'm not a big fan of black wheels, the black hides all the details. It almost doesn't matter what type of center you choose becasue you can't see it anyway. However black wheels do look best on a white car IMO.

Don't know much about Private... sorry... I'm a big fan of BBS. Have you seen these new wheels from BBS, they won't break the bank like LM's. Just a suggestion...

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseU...&sort=Brand
Old 11-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Contributors

thanx for the ideas, i agree that black can hide the details thats why im second guessing myself. once i decide ill post the picks. thanx
Old 11-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

I like the black wheels on white and silver cars. I do not like them on dark cars. I also agonized over wheels and I really liked the gunmetal ones, but I liked them on every color car except mine! My car is Space Gray and I just didn't like wheels that were similar to the color of the car.

Bottom line though, you have to buy what appeals to you. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. You are the one paying the bill and driving the car.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Contributors

i agree but its always good to get a second opinion from those who have been through the same decisions before....thats goes with any important decision. ya know...changing careers, buying a home, children, what type of rims to put on your ride...the important stuff. ha
Old 11-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

black center w/ polished lip is a good combo with aw or you can go all polished IMO good luck on your shoes! here's a pix of my aw e60!
Attached Thumbnails i need to make a decision...-picture_549.jpg  
Old 11-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

That rim looks good P. Another option is EXE or Vertini rims. Both look great and are in your range that you have to work with.

Heres member TBlax EXE rims on his E60.
i need to make a decision...-tblax_545i_exe.jpg

Here are the Vertini's on my ride.

i need to make a decision...-photo_7.jpg

i need to make a decision...-photo_8.jpg

GL with your hunt!

Quick Reply: i need to make a decision...