E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I killed the darn seat belt alert

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

hmm..... you've killed your seat belt alert.... ok. but what about the cheeks holding you in the right position in your comfort seats? when you click in your seat belt, they move to the inner side to keep you sitting end up. but now there is no sensor that recognizes you're strapped anymore. so there are no moving cheeks, right?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT
Wink

just today in my business parking area i witnessed to people mother daughter and child 5-7 year old arrive and depart in a flash of wheelspin in a z4 convertible.the child sitting on the mothers lap with seatbelt around both next to her driiving was gran with a flame up her arse.
just as they left my property and joined the main road another young mum in a golf exceeding the 30 zone had to brake hard to slow enough for them to cross the road to there side,a plus was there was no hesitation on both parts.
unfortunately the golfs mother/driver's child 6yrs standing as she always does on the passenger front seat had to brace herself with both hands on the windscreen.
this is a common sight...believe me i have witnessed her shopping run 1 mile daily.
do they not value there kids lives and shattered consciences of other involved partys heaven forbid.
wake up ...belt up.... and heed the chimes lest you forget.
and for gods sake unglue it .especially before you sell it on.
we have all driven off preoccupied and forgotten the belt...havn't we?
Old 09-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Contributors

Alpine545: Congratulations on your sophisticated prose. Bensonhurst or Flatbush?

Centurion: Thanks for asking.The OP is doing great. 40K mi. and going.

Sese: The bolsters, like the other comfort seat adjustments, start when the key gets in the on position, and retract when I turn the engine off.
Remember, my mod makes the car believe that I'm always strapped.
As to the "no moving cheeks" part, I will NOT tolerate any sarcastic comments about my sex life.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

I really do not understand all this fusses to avoid the seat belt alert. Just wear them as soon as you seat in the car. Isn't is easier?
Old 12-02-2006, 04:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

all i have to say it is hard to steer from the passenger or rear seat if you get hit hard in an accident without your seatbelt.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:15 AM
Members

My Ride: bmw 530d,2004,500nm,navi profesional.bi-xenon ,adaptive curve light,active sterring,etc...

Originally Posted by rlinger' post='362839' date='Dec 2 2006, 08:40 AM
all i have to say it is hard to steer from the passenger or rear seat if you get hit hard in an accident without your seatbelt.

hi i killed seat belt alert
i buy from junkyard a second hand belt from an mercedes and use only the conector that conect in beclt,and no alert now
Old 12-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

I've found this alert quite annoying as well and it chimes forever until you put the seatbelt on. But I'd choose not to kill it, even though I find this extremely annoying.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I didn't want to start a new thread to share what I saw today while on my trip to Belgium.

I was sitting in a E60 taxi (!) and the taxi guy didn't have his seat belt on. I was wondering how the chime didn't start and then I realised that he'd pulled the passenger's seltbelt and pluged it into the drivers side...

I don't suggest you drive without your seltbelt on but here's an option.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

If I can only get this message to the poor fellow who flew thru his sunroof . The problem is he has a tube in his throat to assist him in breathing and doesnt respond to any type of stimuli. Next time I pass thru the ICU I'll tell his wife how to disable hers since the fellow's car isnt in great shape. He's going to have an EEG to determine any type of brain activity. Spinal injury and Intercranial pressure will do it to you. O well who cares about the laws of physics , I guess some of us arent afraid of flying ( thru the windshield or sunroof).
Old 05-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Members

Jordan relax bud. We don't want to quit wearing are seatbelt, just want that damn chime to shut up. When I sit in the "in n' out" drive-thru, I do not want to listen to a damn chime. I'm not a child, I know how and when to put my seatbelt on.

Good thing there is a chime on my Honda cbr 600 or I might end up in the ER.

In high school my best friend life was saved because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. He was in the front passenger seat, when the car broad sided a huge oak tree. Mashed the car clear to the center console. If he wasn't thrown to the other side of the car, he would have been a pancake and dead. He spent a week in a coma and had a gear shifter through his eye, but he is living today with a $750,000 settlement. Though he is blind in his left eye, small price to pay for your life.

Quick Reply: I killed the darn seat belt alert