E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I killed the darn seat belt alert

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Nov 20 2004, 05:14 PM
I'm sincerly do not want to start a flame war, but I can not hold my tongue on this subject.? I'm not hear to lecture you, but I will say the following...? YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!? I'd love to show you the pictures of my friends who's vehicle rolled four times after a teenager lost control and slammed into their car.? The CHP that responded was shocked anyone was alive.? All five passengers of the car survived and are? alive as a result of wearing their seat belts.? Maybe if you work hard enough you can figuire out a way to disable the airbags as well.
[snapback]58552[/snapback]
I'm SINCERELY not HERE to tell you what to do, you can FIGURE that for yourself.
However, here is some help: This way to ROADFLY, home of the trolls
Old 11-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Slightly off topic. Is it illegal to disable safety features of a car. I can just imagine the lawsuits possible if you disabled stuff like seatbelt warning and airbags.

It's just as mad in the UK. Despite warnings that young children shouldn't be in the front seat, many parent sthink it's OK to out them there. And now many cars have a switch to disable the airbag. What happens if you have an accident, and an adult in the pasenger seat is injured because the airbag was disabled.

Anyway, maybe you don't need to go to all this trouble. Just wait for a software upgrade. (I have NO seatbelt chimes)
Old 11-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Senior Members

Kids, don't try this at home. Professional driver on a closed course.

Data has proven that seat belts save lives, whether you have the chime or not, always buckle up! Your family will thank you.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Talking about pro drivers...
I have seen some pics on TV from Formula One drivers arriving and leaving at the circuit... They ALL wear their seatbelt...

You might be the best driver in the world, but what about the others sharing the road with you? That's why I love the seatbelt chime!! It actually makes me buckle up, what I previously didn't...
Old 11-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Nov 20 2004, 05:53 PM
Talking about pro drivers...
I have seen some pics on TV from Formula One drivers arriving and leaving at the circuit... They ALL wear their seatbelt...

You might be the best driver in the world, but what about the others sharing the road with you? That's why I love the seatbelt chime!! It actually makes me buckle up, what I previously didn't...
[snapback]58570[/snapback]
Thanks for posting this. I was very bad about buckling up before the E60 as well. Mainly because I would forget. I don't have this problem now. The other thing is that it forces my passengers (who I'm legally responsible for) to buckle up. It is great to be able to look at them and tell them that my car (not me) wants them to bucke up. I know the chime and seatbelts can be an annoyance, but life is precious. We should make every effort to stay above ground for as long as we can.

BTW, I apologize to Yves for calling you an IDIOT. I'll correct the statement and state that you are an idiot "5% of the time".
Old 11-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I am happy that I have the chime. It reminds me to do something that I should have done anyway.

Jochen

PS: No, I don't care if someone shows naked women on TV...or if my children see them...
Old 11-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Nov 20 2004, 12:17 PM
It takes about 2 (two) seconds, longer than before but less than on alohalc's and yours. His is about the same like yours...
[snapback]58533[/snapback]
i have 13.2 now and hope the 14 update next week will make it a little faster .
Old 11-21-2004, 03:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Nov 20 2004, 09:35 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Nov 20 2004, 12:17 PM']It takes about 2 (two) seconds, longer than before but less than on alohalc's and yours. His is about the same like yours...
[snapback]58533[/snapback]
i have 13.2 now and hope the 14 update next week will make it a little faster .
[snapback]58678[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't remember mine behaved like that; so just went out to check.
The passenger side took slightly longer than the driver side for the chime to kick in. However, the millisecond (feels like that ) the buckle was inserted, the chime stopped, togehter with the disapperance of the icon in the dash. It's instantaneous to me.

Don't know my software version but the scret menu showed build date is 12Jul2004. Maybe it's because I don't have many options; so easier job for the controller.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

I don't know the SW version I have, but chime goes of if driver's belt is not buckled AND car moves. Additionally there is some delay, I think?

Skaffa
Old 11-21-2004, 04:40 AM
Contributors

Just to be the first: thanks for the post Yves. Very helpful.

Somehow mentioning the seatbelt chime always gets the moronic responses you already anticipated (Nice touch, the AFA link ).
Thanks for sharing the info.

Quick Reply: I killed the darn seat belt alert