E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

i drive wont scroll after retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have installed the professional nav into my (non nav) car,
it was very easy...took about 3 hours in total

my problem is (car is not coded/programed yet) the "high" i-drive works up/down left/right but will not scroll/turn??
is this due to not being programed yet?
i cant change the language as cant scroll to that point...every thing works apart from this function...all info is in kms/german
but CCC unit i bought was from UK?
does it go to default mode (ie german) untill told that it now has a high drive/sat nav?

ps...what a drama removing the centre console/hand brake (to fit the i-drive) every thing else was plug & play

thank you in advance
Old 11-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The scrolling and force feedback of the knob is software driven. So my guess is that until your car is recoded you'll have issues.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='710877' date='Nov 3 2008, 11:26 AM
i have installed the professional nav into my (non nav) car,
it was very easy...took about 3 hours in total

my problem is (car is not coded/programed yet) the "high" i-drive works up/down left/right but will not scroll/turn??
is this due to not being programed yet?
i cant change the language as cant scroll to that point...every thing works apart from this function...all info is in kms/german
but CCC unit i bought was from UK?
does it go to default mode (ie german) untill told that it now has a high drive/sat nav?

ps...what a drama removing the centre console/hand brake (to fit the i-drive) every thing else was plug & play

thank you in advance
what year is your CCC? did you get an LCI CCC?

when I did my retrofit, the high controller worked fine with the old M-ASK and the CCC. I had no control issues even before the coding work. I bought a brand new idrive controller, though, if you bought a used one perhaps it got coded for an LCI car.

Keep in mind the high controller doesn't spin freely if you're on a menu that only has one choice, like the return arrow at the top of most of the screens. there you can only push it. it will only scroll when you're on a list of items.

I hope for your sake that you had the progman updated before you installed all the new stuff....you have to do that *BEFORE* you install the CCC and screen. The car has to be on the same progman version as the dealer's computer for the retrofit to work.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by fvicente' post='710888' date='Nov 3 2008, 11:38 AM
what year is your CCC? did you get an LCI CCC?

my car is 04..and the CCC is 05...................

I hope for your sake that you had the progman updated before you installed all the new stuff....you have to do that *BEFORE* you install the CCC and screen. The car has to be on the same progman version as the dealer's computer for the retrofit to work.

OMG dont say that... the shop did code my M5 seats and re program that last month? and im going back to the same guys?
i rearly dont want to change the i-drive...the screen and CCC was as easy as it comes 15 mins...

as i said every thing seems to work apart from the scrolling issue and everything being auf deutch.

bruce thanks mate you are an oricle. (wish i knew about electronics)

we will see on thursday.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='711203' date='Nov 3 2008, 04:35 PM
OMG dont say that... the shop did code my M5 seats and re program that last month? and im going back to the same guys?
i rearly dont want to change the i-drive...the screen and CCC was as easy as it comes 15 mins...

as i said every thing seems to work apart from the scrolling issue and everything being auf deutch.

bruce thanks mate you are an oricle. (wish i knew about electronics)

we will see on thursday.
if they're using autologic I don't know if it's still the case, but if you're relying on the dealer to do it, your car has to be on the same version as the dealer's progman for the official retrofit procedure to work. That's the way I did mine, I ran the wiring and replaced the controller, took the car in for the update on a Thursday, got the car back Friday, installed the CCC and screen on Sunday night, drove it back to the dealer Monday to do the retrofit coding. worked like a champ except for the voice recognition, which I now have sorted and will get updated on Wednesday.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Contributors

thanks for the info felix, it is autologic there using , i dont go to dealers for anything retrofit as they dont seem up to the task, but the indipendant guys are always retrofitting and seem to "want" to over come obsticles.

thank you all for your imputs..you guys know your stuff.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Which independant are you using?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Contributors

i use jason from B&W in houndslow for repairs and re-mapping (he runs his X5 at santa pod with 13 sec 0-60 times)

and the team at cartronics in waybridge for electrical/coding work.

they both run autologic diagnostic software.

both very helpfull and nice guys.