5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   How much would dealer charge to code AUX? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/how-much-would-dealer-charge-code-aux-140301/)

chaudhrysn 11-29-2014 09:37 PM

How much would dealer charge to code AUX?

Hey guys, so I bought the auxiliary cable from roskinc and will be installing it sometime soon. I bought OBDII cable, but I have a mac and can't find the software needed to code my car with it.

How much would a dealer charge to code the AUX? Just a ballpark figure. Im gonna call them up and ask for a quote next week, but Im wondering whether anyone here has got it done before?

quanger 11-29-2014 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by chaudhrysn (Post 1552429)
Hey guys, so I bought the auxiliary cable from roskinc and will be installing it sometime soon. I bought OBDII cable, but I have a mac and can't find the software needed to code my car with it.

How much would a dealer charge to code the AUX? Just a ballpark figure. Im gonna call them up and ask for a quote next week, but Im wondering whether anyone here has got it done before?

I don't think they will do it for you. but if you do some more searching, like craigslist etc... for BMW coding, you might find a local coder, whom can code for you with a minimal fee.

Bill109 12-02-2014 09:27 PM

If the dealer gives you a quote, let us know. This is in my list of things to do. So sick of an fm transmitter

wcr3d 12-04-2014 03:38 AM

I doubt the dealer would do this since they didn't supply the part.

funglenn 12-05-2014 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by chaudhrysn (Post 1552429)

where in texas are you? there are folks in Houston and San Antonio I know who can do this for you....I am in San Antonio

KyleB 12-06-2014 05:34 AM

My local dealer will do it for one billed hour, regardless of who installed the port. I'd expect the same at your local dealer.

As others have said, find a forum memeber in your area that can do it for you. It's simple as long as you have BMW Tools and a cable. If you were near me I'd do it for a $10 starbucks card.

good luck.

wcr3d 12-06-2014 01:35 PM

My local dealer refused to install a cd changer I had purchased from a member here. They said it was for liability reasons. Thats why I posted what I did.

KyleB 12-06-2014 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by wcr3d (Post 1552890)
My local dealer refused to install a cd changer I had purchased from a member here. They said it was for liability reasons. Thats why I posted what I did.

That's lame, I'd find another dealer. I mean, worst case scenario is they make you sign or agree to some disclaimer stating "i wont hold you responsible if this thing grenades or doesn't work". They're just butt-hurt you didn't give them $1000 for a $200 CD changer.

wcr3d 12-07-2014 01:06 AM

It is lame but they have the market cornered here, the nearest other dealer is over 100 miles away.

KyleB 12-07-2014 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by wcr3d (Post 1552910)
It is lame but they have the market cornered here, the nearest other dealer is over 100 miles away.

Yea thats a bummer. What did you end up doing?