E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

How cheesy would this be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you about the M technic package
Old 05-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Very interesting and solid position indeed , poleposition.
In general I agree that one shud be very cautious with any mods so the car wud not become cheesy. And it is very easy falling in this trap with E60.So the question is not to cross the vague line.
I think the mods shud/shud not be aplied in acordance with following considerations:
- to preserve clean, noble lines of the car
- to change plain, boring ot unattractive lines
- to stay as close as possible with BMW general line
- if needed to utilize only best and most expensive aftermarket producers and avoid mixing them with each other
- not to play with badges
To illustarte for example for that reason I do not like any trunk lip spoilers but consider OEM front bumper and side skirts to be too plain and the rear bumper not clean enough,
the side mirrors to be dated.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Originally Posted by poleposition' date='May 11 2005, 09:39 PM
I hear you about the M technic package but I'm still not a fan of M stuff on a non M car.? That being said, I do love the cars we've seen here with the M sport packages.? I think they look beautiful but the fact that it looks like an M5 but it's not is just not for me.? I'd sooner do another tuner package as opposed to an M package.? To me, it's either an M or it's not, there's no middleground with me.? It's sort of like having a benz without their sport? package and putting an AMG badge on it.? That, to me is cheesy.? I know some will disagree but it is what it is.? I'm not dissing anyone's car here.? I am just giving my opinion.
[snapback]127105[/snapback]
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion and his own taste. Re. the M package, this is officially made available by BMW for non-M5's. The package is not only visual but also functional. Every single E60 is a sportive car and justifies further aerodynamic improvements.
Personally, I would not go that far as to drill my front fenders to install the side grills. But I don't care if someone else wants to do that. It's his car.
If that person would pretend or say (like the guy at the traffic lights) that he's got an M5, well... then I will note him down as a liar in my book, but it's no use to get emotional about it. He will never become a mate of mine, that's all.

I probably used to have stronger opinions about these things when I was younger (although I am only 39), but what counts for me is that I like my car and I like to exchange information with other people about it in a positive way.
Someone else may think of my car what they want, you can be positive (of course better for my ego ) but you can also say that you do not like certain things about it, as long as it does not get personal. End of sermon.

If we would all have the same opinions and we would all draw the line in the same way, we would all be driving the same E60. Boy, that would be boring . Nothing to talk about anymore.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

I dont think M pack owners lay in their bed awake wurrying what you think of them because they bought the M sport package If you like it or not, we get to drive it, we get to enjoy it. Thats the importent thing. I personaly dont care what others think of my M package. I only c peoples head turning all of the time when i get to drive the Msport car I enjoy the sight of my M footrest, I totaly love my Msport steering wheel that is 5OOO% better then the Oem steering wheel and i enjoy my msport front bumper that makes my car look 5OO% better then the old honda parked next to it

So have your opinion I dont care Your not that importent
Old 05-12-2005, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

On the subject of the M5 grilles. They look like shit and if you put them on you are telling people i dont have a M5 but i want to fake it. If you so happen to totaly change the car with all the M5 goodies you will spend a lot of money but you still fall trough the basket if people walk up to you and ask you if its a real m5 (believe me it will happen a lot. M5 owners get that question 5 times a day). At that moment you either lie about it or you tell the truth. Either way it makes you not a nice person. If you lie about it and people believe you , there still be a lot of moments when your lie will cause you shame because people can not be fooled by the engine noise or the acceleartion on the road.

So do you realy want to spend money just to have people laught at you?

On a note: if you put the M5 badge on it and you race a car and you will probably loose then all M5 owners look like shit because he will likely tell his friends that he beat a M5. It makes bmw look bad.

If you change the seats, inside and outside mirrors, replace the fenders, buy new wheels, install a quad exhaust, change front , side and rear bumpers, change the suspension, overlay your dash with leather, and put a supercharger on it making it faster then the M5 then it would be ok. But only if its equal or faster. Then again wouldnt it be a lot of fun sticking nothing at it and just beat another fast car leaving him behind and letting him think there is something wrong with his car.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Contributors

Please don't get me wrong. If BMW NA offered me the sport package with the different bumpers and side sills when I ordered my car, I would be lying if I told you I wouldn't have gotten it. I'm not referring to all of my E60 brethren who have the m sport bumpers and the sort. I love that look. I love all the cars posted here with that package and wished I could have gotten it on my car. What I'm saying is, the people who try to make me think their car is something it's not is what I'm specifically referring to. pmmeke, Joel_BE, mhoutman, subterfuse and everyone else who has it, I love it. Wish I had it. I'm not referring to them. I think it looks absolutely stellar. I just want to be clear here that's all.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Originally Posted by poleposition' date='May 12 2005, 05:47 PM
Please don't get me wrong.? If BMW NA offered me the sport package with the different bumpers and side sills when I ordered my car, I would be lying if I told you I wouldn't have gotten it.? I'm not referring to all of my E60 brethren who have the m sport bumpers and the sort.? I love that look.? I love all the cars posted here with that package and wished I could have gotten it on my car.? What I'm saying is, the people who try to make me think their car is something it's not is what I'm specifically referring to.? pmmeke, Joel_BE, mhoutman, subterfuse and everyone else who has it, I love it.? Wish I had it.? I'm not referring to them.? I think it looks absolutely stellar.? I just want to be clear here that's all.
[snapback]127556[/snapback]
No problem, poleposition. Believe me, I was not offended in any way by yr message. We're all grown ups and we can talk openly about these things.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Senior Members

I was confused when you sayd M stuff was not for you and you would sooner buy Hamann or ac schnitzer in stead., but it turns out if bmw usa offered it you would buy it. That 2 different things. Anyway glad you dont think Msport is the same as M5. I think its nice, it add s vallue in resale, you will find buyer real soon if you ever sell it, it gives more driving pleasure and makes the car look more sporty.

I do understand not everybody like the Msport package. I know a lot of 5O year old guys who like the more classy look with wood interior and confort seats and rather pay the money for a extra qualety leather interior. Thats ok. A classy wel
equiped E60 is very nice to.

But if you like sporty then M sport package is defenitly the way to go. Not only the looks but the fact that its bmw oem alone makes it ok. A lot of guys dont like Hamann or Ac schnitzer not because they dont like the look but just because it not made by bmw.

As for me: i did not debage my car. I have a 525d remapped and i like the fact others think they can beat me but with 47O torgue i sure surprise them sometimes You could say its a sleeper
Old 05-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='May 12 2005, 05:19 PM
I was confused when you sayd M stuff was not for you and you would sooner buy Hamann or ac schnitzer in stead., but it turns out if bmw usa offered it you would buy it. That 2 different things. Anyway glad you dont think Msport is the same as M5. I think its nice, it add s vallue in resale, you will find buyer real soon if you ever sell it, it gives more driving pleasure and makes the car look more sporty.

I do understand not everybody like the Msport package. I know a lot of 5O year old guys who like the more classy look with wood interior and confort seats and rather pay the money for a extra qualety leather interior. Thats ok. A classy wel
equiped E60 is very nice to.

But if you like sporty then M sport package is defenitly the way to go. Not only the looks but the fact that its bmw oem alone makes it ok. A lot of guys dont like Hamann or Ac schnitzer not because they dont like the look but just because it not made by bmw.

As for me: i did not debage my car. I have a 525d remapped and i like the fact others think they can beat me but with 47O torgue i sure surprise them somcode etimes You could say its a sleeper
[snapback]127573[/snapback]
I agree and it is all matter of PERSONAL TASTE.

So I luv all ya cars with ///M package, ok make it clear

code 337 ///M soprt apck is made by ///M Technik Gmbh same who provides M5 ok, no big deal it is BMW so if you buy M pack you have a car that is in line with the ///M philosophy.

I love it I wanted it but too many have it so we go for another aftermarket.
Secondly not made by BMW... all aftermarkets came from racing!!! HAMANN and ASC HARTGE etc.

So it is matter of taste there is no good bad BMW is BMW.

I will debadge mine as I just do not like it on the car's nice a$$

It is cleaner for me, but will go for a kit and put a badge of the producer no M for sure, although as we wanted the M ( but now DD and others) I have many genuie ///M badges stickers etc... will keep 'em in my BMW (E60) collection of cars.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

I would love to c a hamann bodykit in belgium
If you buy it, be sure to show it to me

Quick Reply: How cheesy would this be?