E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HIDs vs Blue Coated Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Think about this. A regular 55 watt bulb has lighting output of X amount of lighting. Once you coat a blue tint on it, how much light do you have left on a 55 watt bulb? It's like putting tints on your car. In order to gain back the same brightness, they usually need to double the wattage to make it 110 watts. Some companies use 85 watts and in reality, probably not even as bright as factory bulb. Then higher the color temperature, the more "tint" they need to use.

Ever try using a 120 watt bulb in a 60 watt bulb outlet at home? Would you do it? Most likely not. Sp why would you do it on your BMW?

At home, I switched out to ALL energy saving CCFLs. With only 27 watts, I am producing 100 watts AND I am getting 6000K light everywhere at home. It runs cooler, whiter, and brighter with less energy consumption. SAME concept with HIDs. So why not get HIDs and get blue coated bulbs? For the price? Do you know how many times I have to cut the factory harness on customer's cars because they got the blue tinted bulbs and the base melted onto the harness and made it one piece? I need to be counting hairs by now.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol someone is agitated

it comes down to people are often cheap and skimp on the funny areas of their cars like lighting, suspension or tires

ill never understand it honestly and its why i bought all my LEDs through you, good prices, proven performance and support after the sale.