E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HID fogs complete, no resistors,relays,or warining message

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my hid kit for quite a while now and have been looking for something like this. I tried installing them regular and they didnt power up and just flickerd and i got the error message. I searched here for answers and was told resistors are needed. I am mechanically inclined but didnt really want to wire up resistors. so I did some reaserch and found the (CANBUS FIX) mod.

This is the description:

HIDs operate on 35W whereas halogens operate on 55W. In some vehicles, the difference in current will trigger a "low beam failure indicator" or a "fast blinking error." As a result, your HID Conversion kit will not function properly. This product, is designed to work with vehicles using CANBUS type system and will fix this issue so that you can install your HID conversion kit with no problems. I purchased it and installed it and I have to saw it was just what I was looking for. Plug and play mod. all you do is attach it to the factory plug on 1 end and plug your hid on the other and its that simple. this will get your fogs working with no additional parts, such as relays resistors ect.

here is the source: http://www.kbcarstuff.com/CANBUS_Fix_p/cbfix.htm

Here is an article of the CANBUS Fix on an e90, which is why I bought it: http://www.kbcarstuff.com/BMW_E90_335_H11_...bulbs_s/146.htm
Cost: 39.99
Enjoy..........................

here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails HID fogs complete, no resistors,relays,or warining message-getattachment.jpg   HID fogs complete, no resistors,relays,or warining message-3.jpg   HID fogs complete, no resistors,relays,or warining message-4.jpg   HID fogs complete, no resistors,relays,or warining message-5.jpg   HID fogs complete, no resistors,relays,or warining message-6.jpg  

HID fogs complete, no resistors,relays,or warining message-7.jpg   HID fogs complete, no resistors,relays,or warining message-8.jpg  
Old 12-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Nice find. What color are your fogs? They look yellow. I didn't know HID's came in that color temperature.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='504457' date='Dec 8 2007, 04:24 PM
Nice find. What color are your fogs? They look yellow. I didn't know HID's came in that color temperature.

yes indeed (yellow) temp is 3000k
Old 12-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 M3 E60 530i

im seeing more and more JDM cars with yellow fogs now....

anyway, what happen to your hamann front lips? i thought you have one before..
Old 12-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 545iS SMG, Black on Brown... Carbon Grille. Navi. PDC. Htd Seats. HUD... Sunshades. Logic7. All Packages. 20%front-5%back........ ETC............................... Coming Soon: MTEC full kit, some wheels. ACS rear carbon spoiler. NAV TV.

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='504449' date='Dec 8 2007, 04:11 PM
I have had my hid kit for quite a while now and have been looking for something like this. I tried installing them regular and they didnt power up and just flickerd and i got the error message. I searched here for answers and was told resistors are needed. I am mechanically inclined but didnt really want to wire up resistors. so I did some reaserch and found the (CANBUS FIX) mod.

This is the description:

HIDs operate on 35W whereas halogens operate on 55W. In some vehicles, the difference in current will trigger a "low beam failure indicator" or a "fast blinking error." As a result, your HID Conversion kit will not function properly. This product, is designed to work with vehicles using CANBUS type system and will fix this issue so that you can install your HID conversion kit with no problems. I purchased it and installed it and I have to saw it was just what I was looking for. Plug and play mod. all you do is attach it to the factory plug on 1 end and plug your hid on the other and its that simple. this will get your fogs working with no additional parts, such as relays resistors ect.

here is the source: http://www.kbcarstuff.com/CANBUS_Fix_p/cbfix.htm

Here is an article of the CANBUS Fix on an e90, which is why I bought it: http://www.kbcarstuff.com/BMW_E90_335_H11_...bulbs_s/146.htm
Cost: 39.99
Enjoy..........................

here are the pics:
Hi I have HID fogs too no error message but I have one issue When I turn them on my parctronic sensor fell something in the front! Do you have this problem? (only front ones) Maybe because it is too bright? By the way I have Mtech 6000K. p/s. NICE RIDE
Old 12-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sylver' post='504502
Hi I have HID fogs too no error message but I have one issue When I turn them on my parctronic sensor fell something in the front! Do you have this problem? (only front ones) Maybe because it is too bright? By the way I have Mtech 6000K. p/s. NICE RIDE
as of now i have no problems at all with this mod... everything is working like it should...
Old 12-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='504467' date='Dec 8 2007, 01:47 PM
yes indeed (yellow) temp is 3000k
Now can we see those fogs matching with your AIBV3? or are you sticking with yellow?
Old 12-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jcool10181' post='504565' date='Dec 8 2007, 09:52 PM
Now can we see those fogs matching with your AIBV3? or are you sticking with yellow?

i just answerd this looks like we posted at the same time... ^^^^^^^^
Old 12-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='504567' date='Dec 8 2007, 06:54 PM
i just answerd this looks like we posted at the same time... ^^^^^^^^
yep. anyway, maybe you can post a pic of your HID fogs with your 6000K bulbs just to see if it matches your AIBV3 or HID lamps. I just bought my V3 and am looking at this mod next. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jcool10181' post='504568' date='Dec 8 2007, 09:56 PM
yep. anyway, maybe you can post a pic of your HID fogs with your 6000K bulbs just to see if it matches your AIBV3 or HID lamps. I just bought my V3 and am looking at this mod next. Thanks!
I think their are pics already around here with AIBV3 and matching hid fogs.. just search.. I wont be removing the yellows anytime soon.. i just put them in today... but if your looking to do this mod.. buy this item it will make it as easy as can be... good luck...

Quick Reply: HID fogs complete, no resistors,relays,or warining message