E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HID foglights for $80

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get dealer rates from this HID company (HIDXTRA). I just ordered a slim HID kit 6000K with canbus correction wiring kit for $80. I could get regular non-slim kits for $65. I'll let you guys know how they are and post pics. Could be a really good deal for us if these are decent kits.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

I'd be all over a set if these turn out to be decent. Actually I can use 2 sets. Keep us posted.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Senior Members

Just installed one side. I blew out one of the capacitor/canbus canceler's the first time because I completely forgot that on German cars you have to reverse the connectors when attaching HID kits. (I'll have to do a write up. It's kinda hard to explain).
I am waiting for another cap/canbus canceler to come in the mail but so far that side looks great. Its nice and bright and is pretty good quality for the price. I will snap some pictures tomorrow.

If anyone's interested, it comes out to about $80 + $5 (shipping) for a slim kit and $65 + $5 (shipping) for a regular kit.

Unfortunately the dealer name is in my name so they would have to ship to me then to you. Let me know if your interested. Comes with a 1 year warranty.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I may be interested, do they come in yellow? Also, what is the difference between regular and "slim" kits? (excuse my ignorance)
Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 528i xDrive Titanium silver metallic with light grey interior Premium package Value package Steptronic Split fold-down-rear seat Xenon headlights

Just a point of information: Are these factory OEM or after market?

If they are BMW OEM what would a dealer charge to do the install?

Thanks.

JeffK
Old 04-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
I may be interested, do they come in yellow? Also, what is the difference between regular and "slim" kits? (excuse my ignorance)
Slim
Regular

Originally Posted by JeffK
Just a point of information: Are these factory OEM or after market?

If they are BMW OEM what would a dealer charge to do the install?

Thanks.

JeffK
These are definitely aftermarket. I'm sure the stealership would charge an arm and a leg. It took me about 15-20 mins to install. I will try and do a write up on it when I get the other cap/canbus canceler.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

I purchase all my HID's from ebay seller: HIDGATE

Never had any problems with either the slim or regular HID's. I had HID's on my previous car for 4 years from the same seller without any problem. I currently put 8000K slim HID Fogs on my e60 and it looks awesome. I will take pics. Seller includes all items including iDrive error-free connectors. (Make sure u ask for those). They also take phone orders.

http://shop.ebay.com/hidgate/m.html

$8.48 for the fogs + $31.51 shipping = $40.09 cant beat that price.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Options: Sports Pkg/ Premium Pkg/ Navigation/ USB(iPod) Mods: Tint (lolololol) any ideas? I LOVE THIS CAR!!! (WAAAAAYYYYY better than my previous MB E350, but quite a bit more expensive :( )

Originally Posted by bmwgroup

Never had any problems with either the slim or regular HID's. I had HID's on my previous car for 4 years from the same seller without any problem. I currently put 8000K slim HID Fogs on my e60 and it looks awesome. I will take pics. Seller includes all items including iDrive error-free connectors. (Make sure u ask for those). They also take phone orders.

$39.99****?
Old 04-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bubajay
$39.99****?

Yeah, I think its 20 dollars more for the slim ballast. Works excellent, no error , no bullshit. I had the fogs and low bean HIDs on my audi and my charger, now just bought it for my e60. I'll take pics of the hid fogs slim ballast once the trinity m5 front bumper comes in this weekend.

2 Day shipping!!

P.S.: I am just sharing my info and mod purchases, not promoting for that seller.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwgroup

Lol I can get $25 kits if you guys really want. I'm just passing these on to ou guys. Brabus sells $100+ kits and lots of people buy them. Everyone has different price points but good information. I'll have to try them sometime.

Quick Reply: HID foglights for $80