E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Hi, I'm new 2 here, Could anyone help???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Brilliance M1

hi 2 evryone here first, and I gotta a ques, is anyone could help me with it here?
it's about the E60 headlight. it has 3 plugs on it, 2 at the back, and 1 at the bottom. at the back, there's 1 plug with 8 tips, and another smaller plug with 4 tips. the bottom one got 5 tips.anybody know exactly which is for what? cause I got this headlights for a convertion, but I don't have the harness. so, gotta know which light bulb should I connect first. anyone could tell, I owe ya a big one! Thanks!
Old 07-20-2005, 06:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

welcome..... sorry cant help you with this..... but you question will have a response soon from the experts..... give us more info on the car and where you are from....
Old 07-20-2005, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

While you're at it, give us more information on what parts you're dealing with. A part number for the headlight maybe? What kind of lights (or part number) did your car come with?

Photos would also be a plus if possible...
Old 07-20-2005, 06:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 20 2005, 10:26 PM
While you're at it, give us more information on what parts you're dealing with.? A part number for the headlight maybe?? What kind of lights (or part number) did your car come with?

Photos would also be a plus if possible...
[snapback]151115[/snapback]
the part number is 160 413 04 LI, it's a 04 E60 headlights with light movement function. I'll take the picture later.
thanks, bro!
Old 07-20-2005, 06:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Jul 20 2005, 10:12 PM
welcome..... sorry cant help you with this..... but you question will have a response soon from the experts..... give us more info on the car and where you are from....
[snapback]151112[/snapback]
I've edited my profile now. Thanks man! I hope I could get help here, cause I think this place is the most depandable place 4 everything about E60, right?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

After reading the experiences of others on this forum, I can only say that this seems to be a tricky do-it-yourself project. It seems that BMW does offers retrofit "kits" for adaptive lights (as well as for Xenon lights) but I'm pretty sure without help from a dealership and it's programming equipment, you might have some problems. At the very least, the following information can help you out with the switch but you might still get a warning about a headlamp malfunction without installing a resistor or the dealer reprogramming something. As far as the adaptive (moving) feature of the lights, I can't see how simply bolting on a set of adaptive lights will magically work. I would think there would need to be some additional steering sensors, etc. to interface with the light assembly.

To make matters more complex, all of this may be different for a car in China.

Either way, read the following two threads (the first thread contains a link to the second one) and search the forums some to see what you're getting into:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=3797

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=3352

Good luck, welcome, and keep us posted!
Old 07-20-2005, 07:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 20 2005, 11:09 PM
After reading the experiences of others on this forum, I can only say that this seems to be a tricky do-it-yourself project.? It seems that BMW does offers retrofit "kits" for adaptive lights (as well as for Xenon lights) but I'm pretty sure without help from a dealership and it's programming equipment, you might have some problems.? At the very least, the following information can help you out with the switch but you might still get a warning about a headlamp malfunction without installing a resistor or the dealer reprogramming something.? As far as the adaptive (moving) feature of the lights, I can't see how simply bolting on a set of adaptive lights will magically work.? I would think there would need to be some additional steering sensors, etc. to interface with the light assembly.

To make matters more complex, all of this may be different for a car in China.

Either way, read the following two threads (the first thread contains a link to the second one) and search the forums some to see what you're getting into:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=3797

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=3352

Good luck, welcome, and keep us posted!
[snapback]151127[/snapback]
Thanks a million already! I'll check those threads! and I'm not considering 2 functioning the lights turn, only thing I want is to make all the lights works, and convert it on my Brilliance M1 now. I hope I could find any BMW dealships help here, but it ain't possible, the service fee here is unreasonable <_< .I'll try my self first. Thanks again! I'll keep post!!!