5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Helping a friend, re: Carbon M-Tech rear diffuser. (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/helping-friend-re-carbon-m-tech-rear-diffuser-97960/)

Sam@sleekmotoring 04-30-2010 08:44 PM

Maybe you guys can help me on this one. I am trying to help someone figure out who builds, and where to get a nice Carbon Mtech rear diffuser for an OEM Mtech kit with single sided exhaust. I would prefer something as OEM as possible, and hopefully something that will just bolt on, and snap in place similar to the OEM piece. Fitment also needs to be A+, and hopefully no adhesive required.

Does this exist, or am I asking too much?

TakmaN 04-30-2010 09:01 PM

I believe 3D design makes a carbon fiber diffuser but retails for about $700 IIRC. I saw one on craigslist used but its no longer there.

BMWRINO 04-30-2010 09:25 PM

hey Sam.. I have the ACS style dual cf diffuser which I think came from EuroRev..you installed it, so you know the fitment :unsure: ..but maybe they have the oem diffuser in cf

Sam@sleekmotoring 04-30-2010 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by BMWRINO (Post 1163851)
hey Sam.. I have the ACS style dual cf diffuser which I think came from EuroRev..you installed it, so you know the fitment :unsure: ..but maybe they have the oem diffuser in cf

I still remember the fun times. Lol

E60 545i SPORT 05-01-2010 06:23 AM

eBay...they have bolt on and tape on ones. Can't comment on fitment though.

johal 05-02-2010 12:29 AM

I bought mine from ebay and the finishing is good, but i would'nt say fitment was perfect!

Anzafin 05-02-2010 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring (Post 1163845)
Maybe you guys can help me on this one. I am trying to help someone figure out who builds, and where to get a nice Carbon Mtech rear diffuser for an OEM Mtech kit with single sided exhaust. I would prefer something as OEM as possible, and hopefully something that will just bolt on, and snap in place similar to the OEM piece. Fitment also needs to be A+, and hopefully no adhesive required.

Maybe wrapping the OEM diffuser on cf would be the most cost effective and the easiest way... :think:

mark_hk 05-02-2010 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring (Post 1163845)

I am also looking for this but one to fit my quad exhausts.... Not sure about the fitment of those ones on Ebay....