E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HELP PLEASE :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased a set of avus Mo-2 wheels, and the offset in the front is f@cked.... I am so pissed.. The wheels look great in the back, but the fronts sit in waaaaaaaaaaaay too much, i will post some pictures later. They are 20 inch wheels, so could someone please tell me the proper offset in the front? Avus is going to fix the wheels, and put new centers on, so i would really appreciate the proper offset. Could you also tell me the offset in teh back, so that I can make sure they didnt mess up there too. Nothing against AVUS, i love the wheels, they just dont fit correctly right now

THanks for all the help guys

Jer
Old 06-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Members

If memory serves me right, the wheel offset for the E60 is 20mm all around unless you have a staggered set-up and then it changes somewhat in the rear. That's for OEM wheels so A-M wheels may be different. You'll get more help soon.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

what are the offsets of the wheels that you have right now?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i M-Sport in Titanium Silver Metallic w/ HUD, Logic 7, iPod Interface, SAT, NAV, Style M-172 wheels

Avus is going to fix the wheels, and put new centers on, so i would really appreciate the proper offset. Could you also tell me the offset in teh back, so that I can make sure they didnt mess up there too.

The proper offset should be 18mm all the way around unless you are going with a staggered set of wheels. If yours are staggered the usual 8.5" front and 9.5" rear, then the normal rear offset is 32mm. You can llikely push these numbers a couple of mm farther out, but much more than a couple of mm will result in rub unless you have your fenders rolled.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

Originally Posted by dpohlman' post='442103' date='Jul 1 2007, 12:01 PM
Avus is going to fix the wheels, and put new centers on, so i would really appreciate the proper offset. Could you also tell me the offset in teh back, so that I can make sure they didnt mess up there too.
The proper offset should be 18mm all the way around unless you are going with a staggered set of wheels. If yours are staggered the usual 8.5" front and 9.5" rear, then the normal rear offset is 32mm. You can llikely push these numbers a couple of mm farther out, but much more than a couple of mm will result in rub unless you have your fenders rolled.
The statement on the rubbing is not true. A 9.5 rear can be down to 15-17mm ET without any rubbing/catching at all running a 275 tyre. I run 10x20 ET20 rears with no catching on full compression at all.
It would have helped if you had mentioned the width of the wheels, too, to get a proper answer. What size tyres are you intending to run and what is the width of the wheels ?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Members

If I am right, it is a 255 tire in the front, and the rear is 285. The wheels are an inch wider than what is put on a stock M5 for both the front and the back. So the width in the rear is 10.5 and I think in the front is 9. I am going to post a picture so you can see what i am talking about. I really dont know much about how wheels are SUPPOSED to fit, I had an M3 before this M5, and when i got after market wheels they fit perfectly.

if you look at the picture, you will see the rears fit perfectly... but the front are messed.

Thanks for all the help
Old 07-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I assume you have the RWD model and not the xi? Update your signature, so we can help you further.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by j-rudan' post='442019' date='Jun 30 2007, 08:53 PM
I recently purchased a set of avus Mo-2 wheels, and the offset in the front is f@cked.... I am so pissed.. The wheels look great in the back, but the fronts sit in waaaaaaaaaaaay too much, i will post some pictures later. They are 20 inch wheels, so could someone please tell me the proper offset in the front? Avus is going to fix the wheels, and put new centers on, so i would really appreciate the proper offset. Could you also tell me the offset in teh back, so that I can make sure they didnt mess up there too. Nothing against AVUS, i love the wheels, they just dont fit correctly right now
THanks for all the help guys

Jer
The question isn't what you should be asking us about the offset, but rather we asking you what the offset of the Avus wheels are. Without that info none of us can help you. If you don't know then find out from the vendor that sold them to you.