E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

help me decide...eibach vs h&r's lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 (Oct. prod.) 530i Titanium Silver / Black Leather - prem. pkg., step,nav,park dist,comf seats,xenon, push start, comf accs, rear fold seats...can't remember anymore... Mods: Radenergie R-10's 20x 9,20x 10 Mich PS2 tires 245/35fr 285/30rr, Eibach prokit springs, AC Schnitzer front lip, ACS side skirts, ACS exhaust, ACS silver carbon interior and Hamann rear trunk spoiler...to be cont.

ok, gentlemen ..help me decide i have an 06 non sport 530....eibach springs or h&r's ...anybody have pics to see if the extra .2 drop in the front and the .1 extra drop in the rear from H&r is worth giving up alittle more ride quality. do u guys think if we lined up both cars side by side the difference would be noticeble? i ve tried to figure the diff height wise and i think it is 3/16 diff up front and 3/32 in back...am i correct?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tsilveracs' post='196012' date='Nov 9 2005, 06:48 PM
ok, gentlemen ..help me decide i have an 06 non sport 530....eibach springs or h&r's ...anybody have pics to see if the extra .2 drop in the front and the .1 extra drop in the rear from H&r is worth giving up alittle more ride quality. do u guys think if we lined up both cars side by side the difference would be noticeble? i ve tried to figure the diff height wise and i think it is 3/16 diff up front and 3/32 in back...am i correct?
Both make good suspension products, but between the two setups I would personally go for the Eibachs ... unless of course you want the rakish look that the uneven drop H&R provides.

You're never going to notice the difference in the extra 1/10.

As far as ride quality, H&R is considerably stiffer in the front and Eibach is progressive in the rear. I would say Eibach is very much like the stock ride and H&R is more sporty but you will need the Koni Sport shocks to match these springs, otherwise the ride will tend to be bouncy. Both will give you noticeable and immediate improvement in body roll.

Also, if it matters to you, H&R products in the U.S. are made from real German steel. Eibachs we get are made in Irvine CA from American steel, not the same as the Eibach german made. Check the warranty on either setup, before making your final decision ... some are 1 year, some don't have warranties.

By the way, these guys can have any springs they want and look what they went with (hint: starts with an "E" and ends with an "H" ).
Old 11-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by ipse dixit' post='196066' date='Nov 9 2005, 08:59 PM
By the way, these guys can have any springs they want and look what they went with (hint: starts with an "E" and ends with an "H" ).
Old 11-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 (Oct. prod.) 530i Titanium Silver / Black Leather - prem. pkg., step,nav,park dist,comf seats,xenon, push start, comf accs, rear fold seats...can't remember anymore... Mods: Radenergie R-10's 20x 9,20x 10 Mich PS2 tires 245/35fr 285/30rr, Eibach prokit springs, AC Schnitzer front lip, ACS side skirts, ACS exhaust, ACS silver carbon interior and Hamann rear trunk spoiler...to be cont.

so if i buy the new koni fsd with h&r's ...the ride quality would great? am i correct or do the eibach's still feel much better?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Saphire Black, Auburn Interior, Sun Shades, Navi, Cold/Sport package, Front and Rear Sensors, and other stuff I may not no of......... Other Rides 2005 Raven Black Yamaha R1 Jeep Cherokee Honda Accord

I'm Using H&R. I heard the drop with Eibachs isn't that low.

Adrian
Old 11-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

and how is your ride quality...is the ride bumpy?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

H&R vs. Eibach....I've been playing this game for years....
and now I've finally stopped. The H&R product is good quality, and Roland has excellent customer service (although you'll probably be dealing with Tirerack since they are their biggest customer). But I think I've installed my last set of H&R 's for a while. I just cannot get satisfied with the ride quality. I'm sure it's great at 120 mph on the autobahn, but it's just too busy for my taste in America. No, the Eibach is not quite as low, for most applications, not just BMW. But the ride quality is dramatically better. And no, using the H&R's with some Koni's WON"T make it ride great, at least not by my definition. What I want to know is can we find out if the BMW OE factory Euro spec spring is just a bit lower than the US, and can we get them? That has worked well for us on lots of Mercedes cars, and seems like it would be a good theory for BMW's as well. And should work just fine with the OE shocks. Does anyone here have a Euro spec car, and can give us some accurate hieght measurements? Or a part number?
Sorry to add to the fray, just my experience.