E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help me choose please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i. RPI Scoop, BMC Filter, 17 light LED upgrade. blacked out roundels on trunk, hood, steering wheel, rims. 6000k HID bulbs and 6000k HID fogs. MTEC V2.1 AE's. Euro stickers

Hello All.

Ok I want to upgrade my angel eyes on my '07 530i. I see MTEC's and I see Orion's and they both look nice. I would like to get some feed back from you vets who have these brands on your cars to ease my decision.

Oh and by the way, I would like to say how happy I am to be a part of this forum. I am a newbie obviously and anytime I post something everyone is always willing to help and give me feedback. Such a great professional site!!! I had am SUV and made the switch to a BMW and it just gets better everyday! I love the car, and I love that we have sites like this with everyone who loves their 5 as much as I do and are willing to help others. Thanks again everyone!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Contributors

Welcome! This forum rocks!!!! BMW stands for "Bring My Wallet" because you just can't stop the mods once you start! Orions are very expensive and require opening the headlight by cutting. If you want a simple plug/play for like 250, get the MtecV2's from brabus.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

To be honest, the MTEC's are nice but the Orion are waaaaay brighter. I really wish John carried them. Contact member nomis_nehc - he's a local SoCal member and he can do the install of the Orions for you and change your eyebrows from amber to white (or whatever other color you want).
Goos luck and welcome to the forum
Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i. RPI Scoop, BMC Filter, 17 light LED upgrade. blacked out roundels on trunk, hood, steering wheel, rims. 6000k HID bulbs and 6000k HID fogs. MTEC V2.1 AE's. Euro stickers

thanks a lot guys. i appreciate it! Bring My Wallet. hahahahahaha so true!!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, not the first time I have heard Bring My Wallet.

John is right about the Mtec and Orions. Mtecs are obviously cheaper and easier, but Orions, man, they are just awesome.

The way I see it is that if I want it to be sexy, might as well get the best so I would never question it or get tempted down the road by the "other" angel eyes. Then you would just end up buying the Orions anyway, lol.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Members

Hm, I've always thought it was BREAK My Wallet. I prefer Brings Me Women though but that hasn't happened since I've been driving Bimmers...

Simon, welcome back!

To the OP, I think the lights that I got from Brabus (John) are great but I do second the sentiment about the Orions. Very classy and bright. If you do decide to take the plunge, Simon (Nomis_nehc) is your man.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Thanks bud. It was quite an exhausting trip actually. I am a bit under the weather from all the traveling as well.

But yes, the Orions are
Old 05-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

I got a set of Brand new PIAA LEDS HALOthat I can get to you for $120.

lemme know. PM if questions
Old 05-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

Originally Posted by oldschool_94
Hello All.

Ok I want to upgrade my angel eyes on my '07 530i. I see MTEC's and I see Orion's and they both look nice. I would like to get some feed back from you vets who have these brands on your cars to ease my decision.

Oh and by the way, I would like to say how happy I am to be a part of this forum. I am a newbie obviously and anytime I post something everyone is always willing to help and give me feedback. Such a great professional site!!! I had am SUV and made the switch to a BMW and it just gets better everyday! I love the car, and I love that we have sites like this with everyone who loves their 5 as much as I do and are willing to help others. Thanks again everyone!

I have the same car, check out trinityautosport! I got them for $99 and they are awesome. Ask for Nerwyll or Joe!

Hope this helps
Old 05-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by oldschool_94
Hello All.

Another alternative is the Predator ICE V3 for quick plug and play, those are $149 and require no work, they are equally bright to the mtech V2.1 but brighter than the V2.

We offer them for $99 to forum members + shipping.

Quick Reply: Help me choose please!