E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help to find a wheel replacement, 2008 535xi

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi experts

I am hoping that someone can point me to a right direction to find a replacement for my wheel. I just bought a 2008 535xi, with the M6 wheels on them (from a dealer). I later found out that there is a crack on the rim. Upon taking the wheel out, I realized that the set of wheel that came with the car was a replica set.

The wheel is 19"x8.5, Made in Taiwan, ET35. I am not even sure what ET means but I heard that it matters

So I need to find one that can be as close as possible to the rest of the set. Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Andrew
Old 12-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

You will need an entire new set or will need to get the crack repaired. I sold a similar set sometime back so I know what you are talking about. This is probably the one you have
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300631241922

ET stands for Offset. 35 offset is key because its the one that fits XI cars (35-43 offsets). Non-XI cars are usually 20 offset or so.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
You will need an entire new set or will need to get the crack repaired. I sold a similar set sometime back so I know what you are talking about. This is probably the one you have
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300631241922

ET stands for Offset. 35 offset is key because its the one that fits XI cars (35-43 offsets). Non-XI cars are usually 20 offset or so.
Thanks Sahiljain for your response. Any reason why I can't buy just one wheel? I am thinking about just weighting my wheel and ask the vendor to see what their weights and find the closest possible to purchase. Problem with ebay is that some of the vendors told me that their wheels are made in China, and not Taiwan.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Where are you located? I know of several wheel replair facilities that it might be worth having it looked at before you buy a new one.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Depending on how badly damaged your wheel is, I'd recommend getting a wheel repair facility to do it for you first.
However they will charge you $150-250 for the work and you may be out for a while.

We don't sell one or 2 wheel applications but if you decide to replace all 4, we offer $699 shipped for all 4 in 19s for the M6.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Members

I am located in Charleston, SC.

umnitza, would you be able to tell me whether they are made in China or Taiwan? Thanks
Old 12-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Our wheels are all made in Taiwan at this time.
They are all spun cast, just like all the OE wheels and have the same certifications as OE wheels.
They are as strong and as heavy/light (depending on your perspective) as the same sized OE wheels. In some cases, they are lighter (like the M6) and in some cases they are heavier (like the E92 M3 by .8 lbs) just due to the number of spokes.

We are also about to introduce a new replica that is really getting our customers excited.

$749 shipped for these bad boys from the F10 M5...
Old 12-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by umnitza
Our wheels are all made in Taiwan at this time.
They are all spun cast, just like all the OE wheels and have the same certifications as OE wheels.
They are as strong and as heavy/light (depending on your perspective) as the same sized OE wheels. In some cases, they are lighter (like the M6) and in some cases they are heavier (like the E92 M3 by .8 lbs) just due to the number of spokes.

We are also about to introduce a new replica that is really getting our customers excited.

$749 shipped for these bad boys from the F10 M5...
Umnitza,

I would buy a whole set but I have no idea what I am going to do with my old set. Anyway you can just order one?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by clemsonbmw
Any reason why I can't buy just one wheel?
Because no one will sell you one replica wheel. Its not like they are OEM bmw wheels that can bought from the dealer. They are just sets, and most people selling them are just resellers, not the manufacturers. No one will break a set to sell you one in my opinion.

Maybe if you need 1, could buy 4 and put 3 on sale, and see what happens? I won't advise you to, but if its your only option, it's what you gotta do.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Because no one will sell you one replica wheel. Its not like they are OEM bmw wheels that can bought from the dealer. They are just sets, and most people selling them are just resellers, not the manufacturers. No one will break a set to sell you one in my opinion.

Maybe if you need 1, could buy 4 and put 3 on sale, and see what happens? I won't advise you to, but if its your only option, it's what you gotta do.

I think there's a number of sites that will let you buy just one rim. Then again I never actually tried to go ahead with the purchase to see if it otherwise stops you. With that said.. buying two would more likely be an option as staggered setups would never be sold in a set of 4. It'd be 2 of one size and 2 of another.

Quick Reply: Help to find a wheel replacement, 2008 535xi