5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   help for coding a used non nav m-ask replacement (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/help-coding-used-non-nav-m-ask-replacement-137644/)

AlexanderE60 04-03-2014 08:29 AM

help for coding a used non nav m-ask replacement

My non nav M-ASK died on me so I bought an used one and installed it. Everything works fine except I have no sound, mute icon on I-drive and the "unit not coded correctly" message all of which I know is normal because it is not coded.

I have the obd usb cable along with inpa and ncs installed on my laptop. Can someone help me how to code the m-ask so it functions properly? I have searched but have not found a diy for coding a replacement m-ask. I only found coding for retrofitting a ccc where a m-ask was.

Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks for your time.

txag_530i 04-08-2014 11:02 AM

You need to use WinKFPT change the VIN in the used MASK to match your car's VIN. You can then use NCS Expert to code the MASK to the default settings for the options that are in the car.

pradden 07-07-2014 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by AlexanderE60 (Post 1535544)
My non nav M-ASK died on me so I bought an used one and installed it. Everything works fine except I have no sound, mute icon on I-drive and the "unit not coded correctly" message all of which I know is normal because it is not coded.

I have the obd usb cable along with inpa and ncs installed on my laptop. Can someone help me how to code the m-ask so it functions properly? I have searched but have not found a diy for coding a replacement m-ask. I only found coding for retrofitting a ccc where a m-ask was.

Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Did you get everything working good? Thanks!

AlexanderE60 07-30-2014 08:39 AM

almost there

I got the radio to work with ncs and expert profile. but only one rear speaker works. I also coded the aux port and it is working but sound is only coming out of one speaker and the subs are not working. Has someone had this problem before? Thanks

AlexanderE60 07-31-2014 08:32 AM

Nevermind i eventually got it to work. The only thing not working are the subs but maybe the amp is bad i honestly dont know.

lem0n 05-13-2022 04:37 AM

hate to bring this back from the dead but if anyone has step-by-step instructions on how to code a used M-ASK control unit with either NCSEXPERT or anything else, please chime in here. much appreciated!

kd7iwp 05-13-2022 07:14 AM

You basically need to code it with an empty psw_fsw file. Have you taken a look at this?
It's from the E46 perspective but fairly similar. I might be able to help you out tonight or this weekend as I've coded plenty of things on my car. Have you got NCS Expert and/or NCS Dummy installed and a cable to connect? Send me a PM if so.

lem0n 05-15-2022 08:37 AM

To close this out, the following procedure worked to recode a used M-ask module on my nephew’s car:

- Open NCS Expert
- Load an Expertmode profile
- Press F1 button
- Select F3 and choose your car chassis from the list
- Click OK and choose CAS from the list. (This is where NCS will read your VO from)
- Press F6 - back
- Press F4 - process ecu and Choose the ECU your would like to code with factory default options of your car (MASK in my case)
- Press OK
- Reset BMW ECU to factory setting
- Press F2 change job
- Choose "SG-CODIEREN"
- Press OK
- Press F3 "Execute Job" to start coding the ECU with factory setting according to your BMW vehicle order (VO)
- ECU resetting is done. Change ECU to next module.