E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013 | 06:45 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60
Default Help!!!

What's good 5 Series,

I have a 07 530xi & just recently as I start driving from a stand still my car starts to vibrate and the DSC Icon in the dash board lights up, but the minute I let go of the throttle the vibrations stops then i apply e throttle again for awhile then the same thing happens again. I had all my tires balanced and rotated and the problem still persists. Any info on what this can potentially be will be of great help & appreciation.
Old 06-01-2013 | 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Madd Scientizt
What's good 5 Series,

I have a 07 530xi & just recently as I start driving from a stand still my car starts to vibrate and the DSC Icon in the dash board lights up, but the minute I let go of the throttle the vibrations stops then i apply e throttle again for awhile then the same thing happens again. I had all my tires balanced and rotated and the problem still persists. Any info on what this can potentially be will be of great help & appreciation.
are you spinning the tires whenever you hit the throttle? how hard are you pressing the throttle? this happens often with my car where the tires spin like that. i usually solve this by disabling the traction control. you can do this by pressing/holding the dtc/tsc button for 5 seconds. just take it easy on the throttle. welcome to the forum btw.
Old 06-03-2013 | 04:25 AM
New Members

What's good west.

I'm not spinning tires & just today I did what you suggested with the DTC button & so far no real change. I know I'm hearing a light knocking sound in the engine Bay Area whenever I hit a bump like if a mount is loose or something, makes me wonder if that has anything to do with it. I'm seriously trying to avoid going to the stealership.
Old 06-03-2013 | 04:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545 6MT

is your car a manual? Mine was doing the same when my clutch started to go. Replaced clutch, all is good.
Old 06-10-2013 | 06:10 AM
New Members

I wish mine was stick, but I got an automatic. I may have found the problem god bless my uncle for owning a shop. Just waiting for the part to come in hopefully today and I'll post the results.
Old 06-13-2013 | 03:38 PM
New Members

Ok I figured out what the noise was. It was the Sway bar links. I replaced them and the car is driving like new.