E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Has anyone from the UK done the M5 cluster swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi there,

just wondering if anyone from the UK carried out this Mod??

i'm about to try this retrofit in my 545i and wondered if i'm not the only one thats going to do this....... i know the greats out there have done it on the otherside of the pond.
but havnt seen any over here as yet....

can anyone recommend someone that can reset the chip and add my vin to the cluster so i can code it to the car???
Old 12-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

How comes you want the M5 cluster?

How about just doing the cluster mod with LEDs
Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jas_r_1
How comes you want the M5 cluster?

How about just doing the cluster mod with LEDs

hey bud,

i picked up the cluster quite cheap, quite liked the exquisite look about them, and didnt fancy messing about with the faces n dials...

but ive found a great guy in the uk that'll can do the mod with the clusters, i wanted them in like yesterday and could wait having them shipped abroad for a few fellow forum members to do for me.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

So you going to get the cluster mod or get the M5 cluster fitted?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Members

So you going to get the cluster mod or get the M5 cluster fitted?

already got the cluster, gonna take it west yorkshire to get it reset.... did u ever get ur lights sorted in the end buddy??
Old 12-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
already got the cluster, gonna take it west yorkshire to get it reset.... did u ever get ur lights sorted in the end buddy??
Where about's in West Yorkshire are you having it done as I will be doing this mod too!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
Not really. The best I can get is Halogen LCI lights with very dim angel eyes. Livefour2day and BS64 are hopefully coming up with something to make the angel eyes brighter so if that works then I may keep the halogen LCI's and get some xenon looking bulb.

I'll give you a bell soon as I was your lights
Old 12-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Andy545, chime in!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Members

Not really. The best I can get is Halogen LCI lights with very dim angel eyes. Livefour2day and BS64 are hopefully coming up with something to make the angel eyes brighter so if that works then I may keep the halogen LCI's and get some xenon looking bulb.

I'll give you a bell soon as I was your lights
there must be some voltage issue surely????

bell me when ur ready all good.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Sanj
Where about's in West Yorkshire are you having it done as I will be doing this mod too!
hi sanj,

got a programmer in Bradford that will carry out the mod, just now trying to locate the dump bin files and work out the hex, to where the vin is located, so that it can be erased and then replaced with our vin numbers ect then code it to the car. thats it.. i should be going up there in a few weeks to test my clocks and be the guinea pig

Quick Reply: Has anyone from the UK done the M5 cluster swap