E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Has anyone tried this Mtech rep bumper from DDM?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

If this bumper was LCI and without PDC, I'd be the guinea pig. You will never see a price like this once they are gone. DDM is clearing inventory and going a different business route.

Per Owner Jim Powell of DDM

Originally Posted by Jim Powell
As we roll into 2011 Apexcone will be 10 years old on March 1st. When we entered this market, it was essentially in its 10th year as a market. That's a long time for a market, especially one that is brand based. Our original business was making angel eyes and other accessories for the BMW. As times have progressed we pretty much stayed a BMW lighting vendor through DDM Tuning which took off in 2005 and has pretty much been the price leader in lighting, bringing lighting and accessories to literally hundreds of thousands of customers.

As DDM Tuning did its thing, I personally got involved in other things. I've talked about many of them before, so I won't bore you with too much of it. But essentially, we started an LED company, we invested in other companies in China and bought a factory in Taiwan that makes things for bicycles and sewing machines. We invested in shipping franchises and I started buying up a lot of apartment buildings when the economy tanked and asset prices plummeted while rent incomes actually increased.

Let me give all of you a life lesson. It never hurts to be heavy in cash. Most Americans have lunch money.

So Jimbo, where we going with this?

Basically the best way to make a lot of money is to run a market. The best way to run a market is to know when there is a market or a better one opening up and flog it hard for cash. That's what I've done off to the side. DDM Tuning has been focused on just selling you guys good product for cheap.

Behind the scenes, we have been looking hard at the business. Most people don't do this and that's why people fail.

So, amazing as this sounds, DDM Tuning is going to reinvent itself for the next decade.

A lot of the products we sell now, we are not going to be selling anymore. Some things we sell we will sell a lot more of and most surprising of all, we are going to move out of HID and a lot of other lighting products within the next several weeks. By the time we get to March 1st which is Apexcone's 10th anniversary, we will be doing something mostly different.

Go ahead, call me crazy

Now, besides just telling you WHY you will start to see drastic changes on our website, I'm going to give all of you some good news. If you like bargains, keep your eyes open on our clearance section. I think we have about 2, maybe 3 million dollars worth of inventory that we are going to be getting the heck out of here because I have 2, maybe 3 million dollars worth of different stuff on order and I need to get the warehouses cleared out and completely reconfigured for the new inventory.

Other random stuff:

1. DDM Tunings website will slowly and then more and more rapidly start to show massive changes to reflect the reconfigurations of the business model.

2. Shipped prices on bumpers will start to get ridiculously low. Several other vendors have been using Greyhound delivery for these large oversize items. We are not only going to do exactly the same thing, I took it a step further and I used the Apexcone freight division (San Diego operation known as LGG Enterprises) to quietly buy up a lot of the Greyhound P&D contracted providers all around the country and make money when customers buy from the competition. (Side Note: Didi you know American Apparel ships clothing to their retailers by Greyhound? Bizarre...) Although, I think my shipping prices that will start to appear on the website will be interesting enough that this dynamic may change.

Anyway, enough rambling. I have lots of work to do. Watch the clearance section, there is going to be a lot of stuff on there shortly.

Jim
So if someone wants to try this bumper out, they better be fast. Once they are gone, they will be gone.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

I might go check it out tomorrow, according to Google they are about 10 mins from me. I wonder would they test fit if I bought it.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

Just got back from their shop, they have about 5 left but they do not do any sort of test fitting or any body work from what the guy told me. I would have got it but I don't have time to drive it back from LA if it didnt fit properly. Still a great deal tho.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

I got an m5 bumper for my old e39 from them. it was almost perfect fitment but the fog lights sucked.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Contributors

its the same rep as the one umnitza and sparrowtek have
Old 03-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

This bumper is slightly different than the one I've seen umnitza with. If you look carefully you can see that the kidney grills are seperated like I believe LCI cars are. A lot of the reps I have seen do not have them seperated. That's what is stopping me from getting the reps that I've seen on here.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:24 AM
Members

How do you get it for $280 shipped? The site says add $130
Old 03-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by ETNav382
This bumper is slightly different than the one I've seen umnitza with. If you look carefully you can see that the kidney grills are seperated like I believe LCI cars are. A lot of the reps I have seen do not have them seperated. That's what is stopping me from getting the reps that I've seen on here.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you post some pics to show?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

ETNav actually made a thread about this last week. If I remember I will try to find it, lol. Which means I probably will forget
Old 03-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IzzE60
How do you get it for $280 shipped? The site says add $130
I believe that the 280 shipped is with the 130 added. I've cancelled my order because of the horrible phone support, I called and would be on hold for about 30 mins. Finally I just went in to talk about the bumper and they didnt appear to be busy. That's when I found out about the website and how it's lying about the bumper. It's JUST THE BUMPER. It doesn't come with anything else and when I mentioned to them that that could be considered false advertising and they should change the website, the guy mumble and said yea. I wouldnt go back to them

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried this Mtech rep bumper from DDM?