5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Hartge Classic 2 Replicas (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/hartge-classic-2-replicas-30218/)

ronald_adi 08-29-2006 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

Attachment 23252Attachment 23237

Ok i was supposed to order my RH wheels last week, but then I was looking at some other nice wheels by Hamann (Anniversary) (great advise by ATS),.... but i am still undecided.

So i did the 'wise' thing and asked the wife for her opinion \ choice. To my suprise she chose the Hartge Classic 2 wheels !! Well they are nice wheels for sure.

I called Hartge and asked for the price - and i almost fell of my chair !!

OK, so the question i have is does anyone know where i can get replicas to these wheels? i know that replicas may have less quality, but i dont keep wheels that long anyway so its fine with me.

The post below is from the e90 forum. i already asked this guy via the forum for where he bought it but he hasnt replied yet.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.p...8228#post418228

Anyone??

ats77 08-29-2006 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='328353' date='Aug 29 2006, 10:34 PM
Hi guys,

Ok i was supposed to order my RH wheels last week, but then I was looking at some other nice wheels by Hamann (Anniversary) (great advise by ATS),.... but i am still undecided.

So i did the 'wise' thing and asked the wife for her opinion \ choice. To my suprise she chose the Hartge Classic 2 wheels !! Well they are nice wheels for sure.

OK, so the question i have is does anyone know where i can get replicas to these wheels? i know that replicas may have less quality, but i dont keep wheels that long anyway so its fine with me.

The post below is from the e90 forum. i already asked this guy via the forum for where he bought it but he hasnt replied yet.

Anyone??

Guys when you have a car of 60K+ do not risk with replicas...but ok your car. I am sparing for mine mo' than a year but soon are coming(not yet produced) :lol:

Ronald that is one of the heaviest wheels, believe me, check m5boards.com read and see you can get reduction but Anniv would be better, post it guys how many you have here, I know max 5 members incl. 2 in classifieds out of mo' 6000. :thumbsup:

BMW ///M 525xi 08-30-2006 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='328353' date='Aug 29 2006, 10:34 PM
Hi guys,

Anyone??

Well they sure look nice. The best choice of them all :D. I knew they are expensive, but sorry can't help you more. The only thing i can say is that 20's are too big for that 3-series :P

gasterus 08-30-2006 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='328353' date='Aug 29 2006, 03:34 PM
Hi guys,

Anyone??

I saw a replica in 19" at a local wheel shop, but the offset is for the e90. I remember the shop owner saying that it is made in taiwan, and he says its more challenging to balance the wheel due to the quality. :huh:

ro11dice 08-30-2006 07:46 AM

try eBay, but caveat emptor!

Busta 08-30-2006 06:27 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-BMW-HG-C...78905QQtcZphoto

rodybmw 08-30-2006 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by ronald_adi' post='328353' date='Aug 29 2006, 01:34 PM
Hi guys,

Anyone??

First of all, your wife has great taste. The Classic 2's are my favorites too. A couple of months ago I wanted to get a set of the replicas for my car and actually went and looked at them. They are made in Taiwan and the brand name is Miro (although they may also be sold with other names). There were several reasons that made me stay away from them:

1. The paint quality was bad. The paint was not as shiny as most wheels, and there are paint spray pattern problems as well as paint chips and irregularities.

2. Their offsets are different from the Hartges so at the center of the wheel the spokes don't go in as deep as the Hartges. They are more flat instead.

3. They are very heavy. They weighed a 20" one for me at the shop and it was 43 pounds.

4. There may also be problems with balance-ability and other quality problems.

There are many companies that make replicas of the original Hartge Classic and some of them look like they have decent quality, but as for the Classic 2's there is only one or two companies and they are not great quality. Hopefully other companies (especially German or Italian Replica shops) will start making Classic 2 replicas too.

ronald_adi 08-31-2006 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Busta' post='328969' date='Aug 31 2006, 04:27 AM

hey thanks BUSTA !! Very much appreciate your help !! :)

ronald_adi 08-31-2006 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='329046' date='Aug 31 2006, 09:00 AM
First of all, your wife has great taste. The Classic 2's are my favorites too. A couple of months ago I wanted to get a set of the replicas for my car and actually went and looked at them. They are made in Taiwan and the brand name is Miro (although they may also be sold with other names). There were several reasons that made me stay away from them:

1. The paint quality was bad. The paint was not as shiny as most wheels, and there are paint spray pattern problems as well as paint chips and irregularities.

2. Their offsets are different from the Hartges so at the center of the wheel the spokes don't go in as deep as the Hartges. They are more flat instead.

3. They are very heavy. They weighed a 20" one for me at the shop and it was 43 pounds.

4. There may also be problems with balance-ability and other quality problems.

There are many companies that make replicas of the original Hartge Classic and some of them look like they have decent quality, but as for the Classic 2's there is only one or two companies and they are not great quality. Hopefully other companies (especially German or Italian Replica shops) will start making Classic 2 replicas too.

.....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks a lot for your advise Rody. i shall take this into consideration.

ronald_adi 08-31-2006 02:25 AM

What is the weight of the BMW OEM 166 wheels? in 19 inch?