E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Half of orion angel eye dimmer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I got a notification for front left light malfunction today. I noticed today that half of my left orion v2 angel eye is dimmer. Any idea what could be causing this?? Do you think I'll need to take it all out again? :S
Old 08-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, that is one thing I am worried about with the Orions that is kind of holding me back from switching from the HID angel eyes to it. Having to reopen and reseal the headlight to fix any issues that may arise seems like a pain in the ass, curious to see what the issue and fix is.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Dang bro, hope it just "blows over", and it's some kind of a bug... Good Luck!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

yikes! now thats scary...

good luck man...i hope it blows over too...try checking your wiring.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

That sucks man! Sorry to hear it.
Ever since doing mine and sealing em up I've thought about the night mare of having to open them up again.
I'm really hoping the quality and the life of the bulbs are good.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by deansimpson
That sucks man! Sorry to hear it.
Ever since doing mine and sealing em up I've thought about the night mare of having to open them up again.
I'm really hoping the quality and the life of the bulbs are good.
Yeah, I have a feeling since Umnitza sent me the wrong ballasts originally that it may have caused less power to the orion ring causing it to be super dim now. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 08-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i sport pak. all the other goodies.. MODS: M5 front, sides, aFe throttle body spacer, RPI Red scoop, amber angle eyes, powder coated sport rims, tinted tail lights. smoked side blinkers, color of car and rims roundels, real carbon fiber roof spoiler, 550i number flat black, LED license plate lights, MTX 12' sub, dyno mat, tinted Windows, flat black grill, flat black exhaust tips, light smoke headlight tint, foged out eyelash, velocity booster.

nooo! they looked so good!
hope its just a bug!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Yeah, I have a feeling since Umnitza sent me the wrong ballasts originally that it may have caused less power to the orion ring causing it to be super dim now. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Hope it works out okay for you without too much hassle.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Senior Members

Tex_Phil,

Have this issue been resolved yet? Just want to know more about the Orion.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Contributors

Looks like I moved around some of the connectors into the white box. There were 4 connection points on the box, 1 for the smaller ring, and 2 for the bigger ring having the problem. I swapped positions in the garage and it seems to be back to normal. Will have to see next time I drive the car if it looks better

Quick Reply: Half of orion angel eye dimmer?