E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Guys wearing a bra in SoCal???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Dec 13 2004, 05:34 PM
Realtyman, you mind sending a close up pic of your bra??? Thanks...man if this wasn't a car forum, I would feel a little odd...
[snapback]68732[/snapback]
Tomorrow. Chip & all!
Old 12-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Auto Sport Silver Gray Metallic - Black Leather - Poplar Premium Sound - Shades - Sat Prep 3M Clear Bra

Previously Discussed - here are my pix of mine up close
Old 12-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Senior Members

Here's a link to a review I did on another web site. There's also some links there to many detailed installation pics.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Heres a pic of one not mine its Katmai's 545i I highly recommend it also. I have it on my current car and already schedule an appoitment to get it installed on the 545i and the cars not even here yet.

This is X-Pel's Standard bra... the extended one goes up to the end of the headlights.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

What do you bra wearing guys do when you wax the car??? You wax the bra? You l;eave it alone? Any residue on the line of bra no bra zone?
Old 12-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Dec 13 2004, 07:12 PM
What do you bra wearing guys do when you wax the car???? You wax the bra?? You l;eave it alone?? Any residue on the line of bra no bra zone?
[snapback]68839[/snapback]

Ya wax the bra... and ya residue left on the edges if you're not careful... nothing a toothbrush or finger nails cant clean. Its on pretty tight... very hard to pluck off with finger nails... no worries...
Old 12-13-2004, 05:46 PM
JDN
Contributors

But absolutely no sweat with RejeX.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

I don't have a bra because:

1. no matter what anyone says, you can see it, and if you are a car nut who really wants their car to look awesome after a dozen coats of whatever, you don't want a bra.
2. it's expensive.
3. it won't protect your hood from all the dings - I have a couple small one's more than halfway up the hood.
4. On a black car anyways, the 'sharpie technique' works beautifully. Just use a permanent felt marker to cover up small chips in the paint. It's far less noticable than a bra. Might not be so good for other colors though.

Look at cars brought in for service at your dealer's, and you'll get a good idea of what kind of damage you can expect.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Dec 13 2004, 07:48 PM

1. no matter what anyone says, you can see it, and if you are a car nut who really wants their car to look awesome after a dozen coats of whatever, you don't want a bra.
2. it's expensive.
3. it won't protect your hood from all the dings - I have a couple small one's more than halfway up the hood.?
4. On a black car anyways, the 'sharpie technique' works beautifully.? Just use a permanent felt marker to cover up small chips in the paint.? It's far less noticable than a bra.? Might not be so good for other colors though.

Look at cars brought in for service at your dealer's, and you'll get a good idea of what kind of damage you can expect.
[snapback]68869[/snapback]
Got some good points there, I'm picky about the shine and all. I can't stand the line you can see on black cars with a bra.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Dec 13 2004, 07:57 PM
Got some good points there, I'm picky about the shine and all.? I can't stand the line you can see on black cars with a bra.
[snapback]68874[/snapback]
So you like a shiny car with holes all over the front? Than it isnt very shiny anymore...

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Dec 13 2004, 07:48 PM

2. it's expensive.
3. it won't protect your hood from all the dings - I have a couple small one's more than halfway up the hood.?
4. On a black car anyways, the 'sharpie technique' works beautifully.? Just use a permanent felt marker to cover up small chips in the paint.? It's far less noticable than a bra.? Might not be so good for other colors though.

[snapback]68869[/snapback]
1. Ya you can still see it but its not noticable unless you are close up to the car so I dont care. YA if you're a car nut you dont want the chips all over your hood... Unless you got the dough to re-paint the hood and bumper every year then... *shrugs*

2. It is and it isnt... it isnt that much more compared to those who waste their money on the black ugly ones. I much rather have the clear one.

3. Right. nothing is 100% but most chips are in the front and at the bumper where it takes most of the hit. Compared to cars w/out the bra theres A LOT and I mean a LOT of noticable of chips on the bottom half of the hood.

4. Oh I dont have a black car...

I seen cars at the dealer with out the bra and with chips... it aint pretty... I prefer the bra.

Quick Reply: Guys wearing a bra in SoCal???