E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Got the spacers on

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Yesterday I met up with JOHN and bought a pair of 12.5mm Turner Motorsports hubcentric spacers from him.

Thank you very much, John - the spacers were brand new, in plastic. The price was great. Transaction perfectly smooth. The only bad thing was that I got stuck in traffic on the way to meet him and got to the meet-up location late. Thanks and thanks again, brother

Here're a couple of pics of said spacers, as they were going onto my car:

Got the spacers on-img_0185.jpg
Got the spacers on-img_0186.jpg
Got the spacers on-img_0187.jpg
Got the spacers on-img_0188.jpg

When I was getting them put on at my indie shop, the guys there recommended I get alignment done, but after having looked through some forum posts, seems that most people say the alignment isn't necessary. Those of you, who have/had spacers on your rides, can you guy please tell me definitively - do I HAVE to get alignment done? I drove the car about 50 miles since spacers went on and I feel no difference - the only thing the car seems to be more stable in turns
Old 08-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Contributors

I'd get an alignment. Its better than paying 600 bucks for new rear tires if they start to wear out wrong.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Wheel spacers have no effect on wheel alignment. Unless you changed anything with the suspension, you do not need an alignment.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by socale39
Wheel spacers have no effect on wheel alignment. Unless you changed anything with the suspension, you do not need an alignment.

Like I said, wheel spacers have no effect on wheel alignment. Unless you changed anything with the suspension, you do not need an alignment.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Looking good, but what's with the finger?

I'd say you don't need an alignment. I put my 12mm spacers on after the alignment and I haven't got any uneven treadwear.

- Antti -
Old 08-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Like I said, wheel spacers have no effect on wheel alignment. Unless you changed anything with the suspension, you do not need an alignment.

LMAO!!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Contributors

So can we get some more people with spacers to chime in please? I'm curious if there are ANY people whose tire wear changed after installing spacers and NOT doing alignment.

Originally Posted by socale39
This is what most people seem to say, yes...

Originally Posted by Howitzer
That is also logical to me, so I'm still perplexed. Honestly, my last alignment was done by the dealer and I'd rather leave it alone as long as possible, before I have an indie shop mess with it. Besides, I am planning on new suspension at some point in the future (actually already have the springs), so at that point I'll be definitely getting alignment. The thing is, it may be another few months before I get the new suspension.

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Looking good, but what's with the finger?

I'd say you don't need an alignment. I put my 12mm spacers on after the alignment and I haven't got any uneven treadwear.

- Antti -
It was supposed to be two fingers LOL like a peace sign

Thanks for chiming in, Antti! I forgot, do you have an Xi or not?

PS these pics will remind me to paint my calipers now...
Old 08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Members

My Ride: The UDM

I've put 22mm all around. No alignment needed
Attached Thumbnails Got the spacers on-1600.jpg  
Old 08-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by InFBMW
I've put 22mm all around. No alignment needed
Thanks! BTW Did you feel like your car is exibiting less body roll in turns after you did it? I'm curious if what I'm feeling is just placebo or its real...
Old 08-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Members

My Ride: The UDM

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Thanks! BTW Did you feel like your car is exibiting less body roll in turns after you did it? I'm curious if what I'm feeling is just placebo or its real...
No

Quick Reply: Got the spacers on