E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Got my new ACS replica Spoiler today

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i.... Saphire Black Metallic...19 inch Axis Milanos....Auburn dakota interior.....ACS rear lip spoiler... And a whole lot of head turns ;)

Hey guys i got my replica spoiler today... The ones from ebay for 100 bucks.

Some comments on it for the rest of you who are lookin to get one.

These things are IDENTICAL and when i mean IDENTICAL it even has the AC Schnitzer logo imprinted into the back of the spoiler along with and ACS Serial number. It also has an indentation on the right hand side for the ACS Mini badge (which i also purchased) Im not sure if the Original ACS Lip Spoilers have any other distinguishing marks on them but this thing is a replica down to the serial number.

I paid for the painting service to be done on it as well (80 bucks) I would recommend the painting service. the paint is identical to my car (should be since i gave them the color code). Only grief is. Ive spotted 4 tiny pin holes in the paint on the under side of the lip. By no means detrimental. But if you are a picky bastard like i am about my e60 it raises your attention. But i can live with it. they are very miniscule.

Overall very good buy. Id reccomend sylvia autosports to anyone who wants an replica roof or trunk lip spoiler. Ive actually spoken to francisco (the dude that handles their ebay sales) and they will be doing replica acs kits as well very shortly.

I will be takin the spoiler to have it put on tomorrow. For those who have had the spoiler installed already. Did you guys drill into the car or did u use adhesive? Im not sure if 3m double sided tape would work for this spoiler.

PS: these spoilers are being shipped direct from Hong Kong.

Kris
Old 08-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Glad to here your happy with the purchase. Ebay can have its downsides, however others here have stated that those are made from the same molds. So as far as the detail it should be a solid match. Post some pics please others here would love to see the comparison.. thanks
Old 08-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Did it come primed? Was it ready to paint? Yes please post some pics. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i.... Saphire Black Metallic...19 inch Axis Milanos....Auburn dakota interior.....ACS rear lip spoiler... And a whole lot of head turns ;)

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='Aug 11 2005, 01:05 PM
Did it come primed?? Was it ready to paint?? Yes please post some pics.? Thanks.
[snapback]158329[/snapback]
I will definately post pics once installed tomorrow.

It came painted. you can pay an extra 80 to have it painted by them. Its Identical to the cars color. Some of you may not want them to paint as they dont accomodate for the fading if your cars a little bit older. I only had the car for 2 months so the color is pretty fresh still.

Yeah I was surprised that they actually came with the ACS logo imprinted etc. I bought the mini badge from ebay for 13 bucks shipped (what a rip off) but i saved alot on the actual lip so it was some what justified.

Kris
Old 08-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 - 545 - tit silver/grey/sport/premsound/nav/cold weather pkg/ hardwire valetine/clear bra/4700k fog bulbs - acs fron and rear spoiler, r10's radenergies with michelin ps2 - 275/30 - 275/35 - aux audio, v 18.xx

the acs logo does not come printed on the back - they send it with opition of silver or black stickers.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

?880 painted and fitted bu BMW dealers for Roof and boot (trunk) what s the URL for these guys or name of their Ebay shop. Do they ship UK. What colour is yours I would need silver Gray
Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bturkel' date='Aug 11 2005, 03:09 PM
the acs logo does not come printed on the back - they send it with opition of silver or black stickers.
[snapback]158369[/snapback]
THe back of the spoiler, says AC Schnitzer GMBH Than a serial number.

Im not talking about the actual sticker on the right bottom of the spoiler. (theirs an indentation on the spoiler for that as well. you can buy the ACS logo badge for 9 dollars on ebay.

www.sylviamotorsports.com i believe. or just go on ebay and search e60 spoiler. they do ship to UK. same price as shippin to canada. it would be 160 shipped to you i believe. Thats unpainted but primed.

Kris
Old 08-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

i'm tryng to get one also but i can't find them on ebay~~~ and is it possible to

take them out after using adhesive??? cause mines a lease~
Old 08-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JiMmY912' date='Aug 12 2005, 03:17 AM
i'm tryng to get one also but i can't find them on ebay~~~ and is it possible to

take them out after using adhesive??? cause mines a lease~
[snapback]158550[/snapback]
Hey guys i installed the spoiler today and the fit and finish is excellent. Took 2 minutes to install. The installer used 3m Automotive tape to install it. The thing sticks like no tomorrow. but if you want to peel it off its not a problem. just peel from one side. He stuck a piece of the tape on my car after installing the lip and show'd me how easy it is to peel off. The lip looks fantastic, gives the car a more even look.

definately reccomended. Now if i can convince the other half to let me get the breyton front lip

I will take pics tomorrow after i get her all washed up etc.. its absolutely horrid out here in toronto today with rain etc.

Kris
Old 08-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by 2k6e60' date='Aug 12 2005, 03:18 PM
definately reccomended.? Now if i can convince the other half to let me get the breyton front lip?

I will take pics tomorrow after i get her all washed up etc..

Kris
[snapback]158759[/snapback]
The e60 or did you mean the other half?

Quick Reply: Got my new ACS replica Spoiler today