E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Good Vendor Here??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

So... I decide to give a little feedback of the HID fog Link below.

https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53902

I tried to work with him and be very patient for his reply ONE A DAY... and gave my # if he could call me.. after that NOTHING.
Though i know he been on the site. ( just click on the person and see the LAST SEEN )

Anyways

Abit long story.. i know.. i will try to keep it as simple as i can.. please do read and comment as you feel.. i just want to share my experience..

Here goes...

I purchased about 8 weeks ago. Even wait for his new batch to come in ( + 1 week wait)

he told me " it worth the wait " So.. i waited and got it 2 weeks later.

The reason i waited so long to get it installed because i wanted to wiat for my bumper from trinity to come in and install the fogs while they're installing the new bumper.

About 2 weeks ago... i got the bumper installed and i got the fog installed as well..

so i turn it on the fog while the engine not running, it worked perfect.. then after i start my engine for 5 secs the fogs flicker like hell.. then 30 secs later one of the fog not even working.

And i left the shop.. drive back home thinking might be i put the ballast on the wrong place.. then i got home and toke everything apart and try again.. still..
Here the vid i toke

I have been waiting too long already to get my HID done ( 2 months more or less )

As if for now.. what should i do... ? IM I SCREWED? i did do some research on the problem.. not much info found..
Suggestion?

i really want to get the Fog done to complete the look

Thank you for your time to read and reply.

OH..To all the vendor that i have purchased from, please feel free to give my feedback as im the buyer.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Contributors

if the vendor cannot help, contact the manufacturer. THey might have some type of warranty.
good luck
Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by chhay24' post='1006782' date='Sep 14 2009, 01:07 PM
So... I decide to give a little feedback of the HID fog Link below.

https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53902

I tried to work with him and be very patient for his reply ONE A DAY... and gave my # if he could call me.. after that NOTHING.
Though i know he been on the site. ( just click on the person and see the LAST SEEN )

Anyways

Abit long story.. i know.. i will try to keep it as simple as i can.. please do read and comment as you feel.. i just want to share my experience..

Here goes...

I purchased about 8 weeks ago. Even wait for his new batch to come in ( + 1 week wait)

he told me " it worth the wait " So.. i waited and got it 2 weeks later.

The reason i waited so long to get it installed because i wanted to wiat for my bumper from trinity to come in and install the fogs while they're installing the new bumper.

About 2 weeks ago... i got the bumper installed and i got the fog installed as well..

so i turn it on the fog while the engine not running, it worked perfect.. then after i start my engine for 5 secs the fogs flicker like hell.. then 30 secs later one of the fog not even working.

And i left the shop.. drive back home thinking might be i put the ballast on the wrong place.. then i got home and toke everything apart and try again.. still..
Here the vid i toke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD__hxrYhCg

I have been waiting too long already to get my HID done ( 2 months more or less )

As if for now.. what should i do... ? IM I SCREWED? i did do some research on the problem.. not much info found..
Suggestion?

i really want to get the Fog done to complete the look

Thank you for your time to read and reply.

OH..To all the vendor that i have purchased from, please feel free to give my feedback as im the buyer.
You need the error cancellation cable which have capacitor to clear that flickering
Old 09-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I am very sorry to read of your experience. I have never done business with the vendor you used so I can't comment on the vendor one way or the other. The HID fog shoud not flicker like yours does.

What I can tell you is that I have a lot of lighting mods (including HID fogs) in my 550 and have purchased them all from member brabusw209amg (John). John is a terrific, stand up guy. His products are excellent as is his customer service.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Senior Members

Wow

i love this forum.. so fast response..!! and very helpful..

About that " Error Canceling Cable " Is it guarantee to work? or there's alot of chance to work?

If so where can i get those? What about the one that doesnt even work? Will the cable make it work?

Thank you

OH.. almost forgot.. John is a good guy.. i bought some light from him too
Old 09-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i can get u a set of error cancelling cables. But ur better off buying my entire kit. It's all up to me. PM me if you need more help or questions
Old 09-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

UPDATE.

First thank john.. but i don't want to trash the hid which i paid 200 cnd for..

Also,

He has told me to cut off the wire from the ballast take picture with numbers on them.

I will do ask requested and see how it turns out.

Thank for looking.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

we have been fine with mtec hid kits, error free and it doesnt flicker at all
Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting' post='1007582' date='Sep 14 2009, 05:16 PM
we have been fine with mtec hid kits, error free and it doesnt flicker at all
So your hid kits DO NOT need ANY error cables? Or does it just come with it?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Senior Members

Update.

Well.. after waiting for 2-3 week. Now it is resolve.. received the new ballast AND the canceling cable. Lol.. in the mail today.

got install today..

Looks GOOD ! was so its brighter than my headlight LOL

Quick Reply: Good Vendor Here??