E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Gift for SA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of getting my SA a gift as he has gotten BMW NA to pay for $2500 in repairs ( alternator, head gasket ) while my car has been out of warranty and they were really under no obligation to do so at all. He always gets me a loaner, usually a Bimmer, and picks up the 25 dollar charge that the dealer now charges. Also lets me keep the loaner for up to a week or more if I happen to be out on business when my car gets finished. Would a gift be appropriate? If so, what? Any and all thoughts and opinions welcome
Old 05-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by akfirepro' post='879926' date='May 16 2009, 12:19 AM
I was thinking of getting my SA a gift as he has gotten BMW NA to pay for $2500 in repairs ( alternator, head gasket ) while my car has been out of warranty and they were really under no obligation to do so at all. He always gets me a loaner, usually a Bimmer, and picks up the 25 dollar charge that the dealer now charges. Also lets me keep the loaner for up to a week or more if I happen to be out on business when my car gets finished. Would a gift be appropriate? If so, what? Any and all thoughts and opinions welcome
hmm.. so he seems real nice.. well.. considering hes not in AA meetings maybe a real nice bottle of something? lol..

otherwise maybe a gift card to a nice steakhouse restaurant or something?? unless he's a vegan? ugh
Old 05-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Food is always cool (donuts, muffins, bagels, edible arrangement, etc...), a bottle of wine, a gift card.....
Old 05-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

have done this for my SA..

nice bottle of Pinot will show your gratitude and endear you for the next time your E60 needs some extra TLC....
Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Contributors

My SA at Field's BMW here in Orlando has always been fantastic as well. He has arranged for a loaner for me to use for several days this next week beginning on Monday. In addition to your gift ideas I'm going to be writing a letter of gratitude/support to both his General Manager and BMWNA.

We now have 4 BMW's in our family and it's all because of him. Well, okay, maybe not 100% because of him, the cars are outstanding after all, but his attitude and quality of care has made ownership AND servicing such a positive experience. As I have stated before, if I had ever experienced half of some of the dealership complaints I have seen here I would have switched to a different car maker ages ago.

Good topic!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by akfirepro' post='879926' date='May 15 2009, 11:19 PM
i think a gift would be awesome. obviously you feel your SA has gone above and beyond the call of duty in servicing your car. Seems like your receiving better treatment than some people who are under warranty!! Get him a bottle of wine and a gift certificate to a nice restaurant!! I dont think he will ever second guess doing as much as he can for you! spending that 50-150 dollars could save you more time and money in the future.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by akfirepro' post='879926' date='May 15 2009, 11:19 PM
a nice bottle of anything good i'd say is always welcome...
where are u located?? what dealership is this?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MacoBMW4life' post='880021' date='May 15 2009, 10:57 PM
a nice bottle of anything good i'd say is always welcome...
where are u located?? what dealership is this?
I am in San Diego, it's BMW of San Diego off of Clairmont Mesa.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Contributors

maybe a Starbucks giftcard?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

I always complete the customer service survey and give my SA excellent rating.

Quick Reply: Gift for SA?