E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Getting my rims soon and need some help

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

My friend is going to order my wheels soon and I thought I'd ask for a few opinions. These are the rims i want to get:

I'm going to get them in 20" but I am wondering which widths i should get for front and back. Will 10" fit in back and 9" in front. I don't want to have to roll my fenders so which setup would be best? Also, I have a black 545i so I'm debating whether or not I should get them rims in black with polished lip like this:

or just get regular brushed aluminum like this:

I know a lot of you guys already have wheels so I'd appreciate some help with sizes and opinions in colors. Thanks

David
Old 11-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I like them, and I like the original finish on these wheels. I don't know about painting these particular wheels...probably because I have now seen them without the paint. Look in the members gallery for some wheels that are similar to these that look pretty good.

One question, with 2 or 3 piece wheels, how do they make sure the "buttons" don't cause the paint to crack or that paint doesn't bother the assembly?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Senior Members

i like the original clean look better .
Old 11-09-2004, 02:54 AM
Contributors

I was looking at those wheels too. I'm a big fan of brushed aluminum, but it really depends on your tastes and the color of your car.

If you have a black car, the whole blacked out look is cool, but I think brushed aluminum on black car gives great contrast. On a silver car such as mine, brushed aluminum may not give the same impact as it does on a darker car. For a silver car I was thinking that a titanium finish might look good. It really depends on you though. Check out the showroom at e46fanatics.com for some nicely modded cars and a few ideas.

As for widths, I've heard of some who have had issues with rubbing in the rears with 10.5s.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

They look a bit like brabuswheels (mercedes tuner).
Attached Thumbnails Getting my rims soon and need some help-10pic23.jpg  
Old 11-09-2004, 07:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Another one I found. I love brabus wheels. My wife has them on her MCC Smart Brabus.
Attached Thumbnails Getting my rims soon and need some help-14pic06.jpg  
Old 11-09-2004, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

The style looks great. I would seriously consider them for my car. With my TiSilver, I would get the black/polished lip.

Either one will look cool. How much are you getting them for? What type of tires?

As far as the width, do a bit of searching on the board to find some previous thread on the same issue.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

Well I like the look of the black but i think that might get old later on. I'm probably going to go with the brushed aluminum. 10" in back but still not sure if i should go 9 or 9.5" in front. Once Dinan releases their lowering kit, I'm going to get that so does anyone know if i lower my car, will i have to roll the fenders with both 9 and 9.5?

David
Old 11-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Members

My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

I have also been looking and finaly decidedoh the maido ex2 chrome lip with black center 20s 10,9 www.maidowheels.com, gallery
Old 11-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bleudyno' date='Nov 9 2004, 10:59 AM
Once Dinan releases their lowering kit, I'm going to get that so does anyone know if i lower my car, will i have to roll the fenders with both 9 and 9.5?
[snapback]54188[/snapback]
What's the price of your package? Dealer?

You might want to contact Dinan regarding the rolling question. Since it's a Dinan design, they should know the measurements.

I like the DPE's best among the three rims mentioned about. Just my .02.

Quick Reply: Getting my rims soon and need some help