E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Funny RPI story

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

So I'm cruising back from Abu Dhabi to Dubai after a day of meetings. I've got the radio cranking some Rage against the machine, and I'm cruising around 110mph (flow of traffic speed in the far left lane). I'm passing a clump of slower traffic and I spy a red/white abu dhabit police SUV at the head of the clump, but I spy him as I blow by. I glance back, as a nod to my US paranoia of tickets, and he hasn't lit up or anything, so I keep on trucking.

About a few clicks after, I spot a garage coming up and decide to get some OJ for the trip. I pull in, dash inside to grab the OJ and come back to see that Abu Dhabi SUV behind my car. I'm thinking "OH CRAP!" I've yet to have a run in with the local police, and I'm not really wanting to start now. I hum and haw at the garage door, and figure I should go ahead and get it over with, so I walk up to the car.

Asalaam alykum, all that, he asks where I'm from, and I tell him Las Vegas - He smiles wide and repeats "LAS VEGAS!". Meanwhile he's at the back of my car looking down. I step over near him and look down, and he's looking at my exhaust pipes. Now, it's illegal to modify your exhaust in the UAE, so I'm thinking I'm in deep doodoo, speeding and modified exhaust, great!

And then the next thing out of his mouth? "Your car sounds very good, where can I get this exhaust? I have a 550."

SuuWHEET!

So we chat a bit about RPI, and BMW's. Apparently he's a big fan, with his family owning nothing but BMW's haha.

Had me scared to death though . I thought I was going to be the first person in Abu Dhabi pulled over for speeding lol!

Anyway, just wanted to share. Go RPI!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

nice, gotta love those nice guy cops
Old 01-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='1091307' date='Jan 15 2010, 08:38 AM
So I'm cruising back from Abu Dhabi to Dubai after a day of meetings. I've got the radio cranking some Rage against the machine, and I'm cruising around 110mph (flow of traffic speed in the far left lane). I'm passing a clump of slower traffic and I spy a red/white abu dhabit police SUV at the head of the clump, but I spy him as I blow by. I glance back, as a nod to my US paranoia of tickets, and he hasn't lit up or anything, so I keep on trucking.

About a few clicks after, I spot a garage coming up and decide to get some OJ for the trip. I pull in, dash inside to grab the OJ and come back to see that Abu Dhabi SUV behind my car. I'm thinking "OH CRAP!" I've yet to have a run in with the local police, and I'm not really wanting to start now. I hum and haw at the garage door, and figure I should go ahead and get it over with, so I walk up to the car.

Asalaam alykum, all that, he asks where I'm from, and I tell him Las Vegas - He smiles wide and repeats "LAS VEGAS!". Meanwhile he's at the back of my car looking down. I step over near him and look down, and he's looking at my exhaust pipes. Now, it's illegal to modify your exhaust in the UAE, so I'm thinking I'm in deep doodoo, speeding and modified exhaust, great!

And then the next thing out of his mouth? "Your car sounds very good, where can I get this exhaust? I have a 550."

SuuWHEET!

So we chat a bit about RPI, and BMW's. Apparently he's a big fan, with his family owning nothing but BMW's haha.

Had me scared to death though . I thought I was going to be the first person in Abu Dhabi pulled over for speeding lol!

Anyway, just wanted to share. Go RPI!
So what youre saying is that RPI gets your friends and saves you money??

lol Oh snap!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Nice
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great story but maybe i missed something did you say you passed the cop at 110? is there no speed limit or do they not care?
Old 01-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

that is funny

one time i was driving my dodge in santa cruise and a cop outa nowhere pulls me over, he asked me where my front plate was so i told him it was in the glove compartment, and that the zip ties had broke off and i had some in my tool box and i could put it on real fast if necessary. he was like nah dont worry about it.. hey i have a chevy.. who cut your doors like that? how much lift is this.. etc etc... i was thinking omg u gotta be kidding me
Attached Thumbnails Funny RPI story-med_gallery_30935_2258_501520.jpg  
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='1091391' date='Jan 15 2010, 10:58 PM
great story but maybe i missed something did you say you passed the cop at 110? is there no speed limit or do they not care?
Well, the road from AD to Dubai border has speed cameras, but they are set to trigger at 160kph (100mph), and there are really good stretches between the cameras. The typical fast land traffic is between this 100mph and at the top range 120mph. I average usually 110 between the cameras, and I get passed plenty. Once you hid the Dubai border it drops down to 140kph, so that's what, 85 or something? And in my years of living hear, I haven't seen or heard of anyone EVER being pulled over for speeding. The mentality is - that's what the camera's are there for.

The only time I've heard of people getting pulled over were missing plates, passing on hard shoulder, and running over someone. Oddly enough, the biggest "black point" hit for any of those is missing your plate. If you don't have a plate, they can't speed camera you, and that's a big problem .
Old 01-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

awesome
Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

cool story! +1, respect for cool cops!

Quick Reply: Funny RPI story